Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well yeah i just got an esslinger cam gear and i need some tips or some good info on tuning it..Since i cant find no one with an SVT that has done it. I am getting it on a dyno Saturday 4/1.
But any help u guys can give me before i go???
Thanks

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
Originally posted by OneBadSVT:
Well yeah i just got an esslinger cam gear and i need some tips or some good info on tuning it..Since i cant find no one with an SVT that has done it. I am getting it on a dyno Saturday 4/1.
But any help u guys can give me before i go???
Thanks
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Did you get just one? You should get two...but that's assuming you want to do it right

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah i just got one...b/c thats all u need... SVT have VCT on intake cam. So i can only adjust the exhaust cam. Does that make sense. lol I hope so but u get my point. And when u buy a cam gear for an SVT it only comes in one b/c all u need is one.. I hope this make sense

·
Registered
3,248 Posts
One of the guy's here in CFL installed a cam gear on his SVT. We had it out at the drags this past weekend. What we did was just tweak it one mark at a time and made a pass then checked the results of each run based on past performance. I had to leave early but the owner kept at it. He was able to cut almost a full second off his ET before the day was over. I know this isn't as accurate as it would have been at a dyno, but a dyno wasn't available and the strip was. Most of the tweaks we've been able to find on the Focus was acheived retarding the timing a bit, so that's the direction we went. We got positive results so just kept tweaking it until it performed at it's best. We figured if we didn't get any positive results going one direction then we would go the other way, but since we were successfull we just left well enough alone.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts