Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need information on where i can Get a Carbon Fiber Front Lip..??? I have a black SVT and i want a front lip...i would like a carbon fiber one...or if anyone has any other phat looking lips... please share the wealth. ...
CARBON FIBER FRONT LIP ????????/

·
Registered
4,803 Posts
I'm in the process of working with RoadRaceGear.com on getting a front air dam plus adjustable splitter built for the Focus. Bolts directly into the stock air dam holes, and requires absolutely no modification to the stock bumper. Cost for both will be in the $325 range and is completely rebuildable if you "go off track". Just a pure race air dam (no splitter) will also be available for about $100 cheaper. Not really a show piece, but instead built for pure function. Though I'll ask if in addition to fiberglass, they also work with carbon fiber.

http://www.focaljet.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=UBB8&Number=738615&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=1

·
Registered
3,666 Posts
if u went CF with the lip it would break once u smack into a curb?

·
Registered
883 Posts
Carbon fiber is damn strong so it won't break if you "knick" the curb while parking or something like that.

·
Banned
1,599 Posts
I'd be down. I emailed a company a few weeks back, they had an ad in SCC about their custom work with CF and the like. I have yet to hear from them though.

Post some pics man

·
Registered
82 Posts
<font color="black"> CF LIP WOULD LOOK GOOD W/ MY HOOD. COME TO THINK OF IT I THINK I SAW A BLUE SVTF IN THE PICS FORUM W/ A LIP AND AIR SPLITTERS OR DUCKS OR WHATEVER THEY'RE CALLED. I MAY BE WRONG THOUGH I TEND TO DRINK ALOT WHEN I'M ON THIS SITE. </font>

·
Registered
3,666 Posts
Carbon fiber is damn strong so it won't break if you "knick" the curb while parking or something like that.
I was the understanding that Carbon Fiber is strong, but its brittle...but hey what I do I know?

·
Registered
883 Posts
Are you sure you're not thinking of fiberglass? Since the lip is such a small piece I'm sure it'll break with any solid material if you hit something hard enough but carbon fiber will be the strongest. This is why Ford used rubber.

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
I once got excited about a Previous CF lip thread. I'm convinced that there are too few SVTFs to warrant development costs.

I'm interested. I'm not holding my breath tho'.

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
I think just about everyone would like to get rid of the plastic thing "front spoiler"...I know I'm in for a CF Splitter/Air Dam, especially if it was functional...Keep us posted...

CCC

·
Registered
4,803 Posts
Re: SVT Carbon fiber Front Lip (w/ video)

I'm in the process of working with RoadRaceGear.com on getting a front air dam plus adjustable splitter built for the Focus. Bolts directly into the stock air dam holes, and requires absolutely no modification to the stock bumper. Cost for both will be in the $325 range and is completely rebuildable if you "go off track". Just a pure race air dam (no splitter) will also be available for about $100 cheaper. Not really a show piece, but instead built for pure function. Though I'll ask if in addition to fiberglass, they also work with carbon fiber.

http://www.focaljet.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=UBB8&Number=738615&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=1
Well, we're back from our racing event and got a chance to test out this new front air dam and splitter. Though it is a 100% race piece, the thing is so good looking it'll probably see car shows as much as race tracks.

Please right-click and save-as to conserve my bandwidth. (6.2 megs) I've got 3+ hours of FocusChallenge footage that I want to get a crap load of videos up, so I'll need to conserve my bandwidth usage as much as possible. Thanks...

Belacyrf's car is in the front with the RoadRaceGear.com a/d+splitter and JaySD's car in the back with the stock air dam. You'll notice the RRG piece really isn't very much lower than the stock piece, but because it has such a flat front, it gives the appearance of being much lower. Also, Belacyrf's on H&R coilovers and Jay's on GroundControl coilovers on Koni yellows.

Sorry for the music too. It was that or hearing nothing but wind noise.

Also, any further discussion or questions regarding this piece should be done here. Was posting here just to tie up loose ends.

Thanks!

·
Registered
4,803 Posts

16's with 205/55-16 RA-1's.

·
Registered
792 Posts

About CF being brittle: I have a trek fuel 100 frame [CF] and use it for light DH. Definatly takes more blows/ large drops than a XC bike is supposed to and its had no problems at all. Bent a few wheels, bottomed out both shocks hard and this thing just won't break. They replace it if it does break so I don't baby it. I really don't think CF is that brittle. Thats my experience with CF.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts