Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
question says it all. can you switch them to the zx3? is it a direct replacement?

·
Registered
795 Posts
Well, since nobody has any ideas (me included); you might start looking up some part numbers to see if any of the important pieces are common.

·
Registered
748 Posts
Ok, I'll help.

Yes, you can switch them. But you'll need all the SVT parts to do it. Knuckles with hubs and bearings, rotors, calipers and pads. Hoses too I'll bet.

So if junkyard searching is your thing, get crackin'. New? Don't even think about it....Just trade in the Z3 for a new car, you'd get a better deal.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks guys. theres a black one sitting at a junk yard here in town, it was the victim of a soccer mom day dreaming. engines fine on it, i had it started for about 5 minutes, if you all know anyone interested pm me. i can get it for cheap. i would use it but lack of cash and other factors are preventing it. i got the brakes yesterday along with the knuckles and hoses. when i get them on i will post a pic.

·
Registered
748 Posts
Believe I sent in a reply to my previous post. It appears to have not made it.

I was under the impresssion that you were looking to use the FSVT parts not the CSVT ones. While the caliper mounting locations are the same you may find other problems with the fit of the suspension and or drive line.

·
Registered
11,123 Posts
No, CSVT parts will NOT fit. If you would have searched... this has been talked about only about 1/2 Beeelion times.

·
Don't Call Me Gaga!
30,267 Posts
Why won't they fit? The CSVT guys are bolting on FSVT brakes, so wouldn't CSVT brakes fit the FSVT knuckles??

·
Registered
11,123 Posts
I dunno about FSVT vs. CSVT. But you can't bolt CSVT calpers to ZX3 spindles, and you can't bolt CSVT spindles to ZX3 control arms. You can't bolt CSVT control arms to ZX3 chassis...

·
Registered
748 Posts
The guys over on the Contour site are attempting to reverse this of sorts; fit the FSVT parts on the CSVT (whhh, too many SVTs!) and they have the reverse problem that will haunt all SVT cars- the mount height is not the same.

None of this matters on a std focus as they don't even use bolt on calipers....

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
Everyone confused now? FSVT calipers and discs will fit on a CSVT with some fabrication. I think that the CSVT parts will be useless on a ZX3.Even if the did fit,why bother? They are a smaller diameter than the FSVT setup.I did the FSVT setup with some spindles I got from Todd with some new calipers.(Very happy)If I were to do it over,I would do the FSVT spindles with some of Todd's Wildwood calipers.Also check the classifieds. Naz has a complete FSVT setup for a good price.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts