Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im not really sure where this should be, but I have a possible source for a SVT Zetec with the 6 speed transmission and everything that comes on the engine...computer, drive shafts and all. How hard of a swap would this be to do?

Thanks,
Justin

·
I change diapers now
14,444 Posts
How hard as in what? Time? Labor?

If you can source all the parts needed, it should be plug and play.

- Drew

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hard as in labor I guess...how much work. I mean...all I need is the engine, ECU, drive shafts, all the accesories...right? I would probably just do a SVT Borla exhaust and SVT AEM intake. Would this be a good sleeper Drew?

Justin

·
Registered
242 Posts
Dude, go for it. It's the same size and everything. I swapped a normal Zetec when my first one blew up and it didn't take long at all. I bet the driveshafts will take the longest, but I've never done them. The accessories are definitely plug and play. If you get that for $1500, do it! If not, lemme know how much the guy wants!

·
Registered
29 Posts
have you found a new engine yet?

·
Registered
944 Posts
Originally posted by SangriaZx3:
have you found a new engine yet?
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">yeah, just can't buy it til i get the money so hopefully they still have it when i have the money.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Originally posted by focus_rs:
Dude, go for it. It's the same size and everything. I swapped a normal Zetec when my first one blew up and it didn't take long at all. I bet the driveshafts will take the longest, but I've never done them. The accessories are definitely plug and play. If you get that for $1500, do it! If not, lemme know how much the guy wants!
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">hey, did you take your motor out from the top? I took mine out yesterday, dropped it out the bottom with the trans...how long did it take you? I got mine out in 3 hours...came out real easy, and I didnt have to discharge the AC.

·
I change diapers now
14,444 Posts
Justin - 3 Words.

Go for it.

- Drew

·
Registered
328 Posts
1500?? let me know where i can get that.

·
Registered
3,601 Posts
Originally posted by myfocuss2:
Because I can have the 170 hp and 6 speed tranny for around $1500......
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">No brainer....do it.

Tell me how you can take a 130 hp. 5 speed to a 170 hp. 6 speed for 1500 bucks in parts via any other method?

Usually I'd climb on my "swap it for the Duratec 2.3" soapbox....but not this time.

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Originally posted by Phillip:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Originally posted by myfocuss2:
Because I can have the 170 hp and 6 speed tranny for around $1500......
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">No brainer....do it.

Tell me how you can take a 130 hp. 5 speed to a 170 hp. 6 speed for 1500 bucks in parts via any other method?
</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">FS Race Header & Flex-$390
Bosal Cat Back- $265
Pro Flow-$140
Crower Stage II's - $290
FC TB- $165
AFX UDP-$55
Iceman Intake-$75
Early 2000 Intake Manifold-$180
FR Cam Gears-$0
STR Fuel Rail-$0
FC Water pump pulley-$0

total-$1500
Power- 180HP & 165 ft/lbs TQ

any more questions?
sorry had to..

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
whoops..didnt see the 6 speed part..yea Im an ass...
ohh well Ill take the 10HP more than 1 more gear...

but on a serious note..YES DO IT!! I would do that!! for $1500!! I would be like heelllll yesssss!!! that way you pave the way even more for us and engine swaps so we know whats ahead of us..Do it do it do it!! If you can ship me your old motor Ill make sure to dispose of it properly..thankksss

·
Registered
3,601 Posts
The six speed was the only reason, IMO.

A five speed with good power and torque is hard to argue over.

I bought an HKS cat-back then found out about these darn 2.3 Duratec's. I'm putting all my engine mods on hold 'till I can figure out what a complete swap will cost. I'm guessing I'd be ahead in the end.

[ 12-25-2002, 10:56 PM: Message edited by: Phillip ]

1 - 20 of 22 Posts