Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats the price for a svt engine and can you drop it into a 4 door se? Can the same A.M. parts for a ztect go onto a svt engine?

·
Registered
694 Posts
Yes it does fit and it would be worlds easier than a contour V6. Do you currently have an SPI car? If so, maybe a worthy swap, though you might find that a modded ZX3 engine would be more cost effective.

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
Originally posted by tstmonkey:
Nope. Doesn't fit. Better off fitting a contour V6
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">that is the most completely incorrect statement today. it will fit, its been done, i forget the guy's name though. how in the hell could swapping in a V6 be easier than swapping in an engine that the car was designed for

no its not plug and play, but if i remember right, it wasn't that much trouble.

·
Registered
573 Posts
WTF! wouldn't fit, why not it's still the same block just a different head & a couple other internal differances. The only problem is you have to get the new computer to go with the vvt motor.

G

·
0 Posts
IN MY DEFENSE....Hey everyone....Bite my head off a little more why don't you...I was just stating what I was told from a shop here.... Sorry for making a mistake....But I am sure ALL of you are perfect.

·
Don't Call Me Gaga!
30,267 Posts
A little lesson to be learned from this: The vast majority of information you get from local shops is probably false!

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
Originally posted by familyman:
Yes it does fit and it would be worlds easier than a contour V6. Do you currently have an SPI car? If so, maybe a worthy swap, though you might find that a modded ZX3 engine would be more cost effective.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">i would have to agree not only form personal experiance but from what i have heard also I can beat a stock svt and i know of alot of people with zx3 that are modded a lil bit that can also beat an svt if you have the dohc engine you might just want to put the money that it would cost for that engine into parts and you would more than likely be better off also when you look at the compairison of svt affter market parts to stock engine parts it doesn't even come close yet you would have to wait a while for some of the really good performance gain parts
BUt if you wish to be original i am willing to bet there aren't many out there with an svt engine in the stock focus chasis

·
Registered
329 Posts
I swaped an svt motor into a stock zx3 chassis, I am pretty happy with the results so far...I am still working on some upgrades for the motor, I have the ford racing intake for it, I am just waiting for my throttle body to come in, then I will try out the new intake.

·
Registered
7,351 Posts
Originally posted by OmniFocus:
A little lesson to be learned from this: The vast majority of information you get from local shops is probably false!
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Amen.

G

·
0 Posts
I was also stating that the A.M parts for the regular Zetec don't fit directly to the SVT. If you can get an SVT engine and tranny for cheap..I'd say go for it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts