Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is that how that works? The local Ford dealership just started offering SVT vehicles, and they got in a brand new 2003 SVT focus (Silver) with the full "euro accent" package. It's got the st170 multi-spoke wheels! (They're the wheels I want)

·
Driver > Car
23,988 Posts
well the SVT euro package has the mach lights, right? the st170s have the st170 lights. and center console. (among other things)

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Not really the same at all:

Options available on the ST170 in the UK:

Comfort Pack – CFC-free air conditioning with Electronic Automatic Temperature Control (EATC), heated windscreen – 'Quickclear' – with heated washer jets and xenon headlights

Custom Pack – Recaro seats with leather trim, heated front seats, metallic paint and 9006 Audiophile sound system with 6-disc in-dash-mounted CD autochanger, fully equalised with DSP, occupancy mode, boot-mounted subwoofer and front door tweeters (not available on estates)

Although the wheels are similar, they are not the same, mainly color and center caps.

Even the spoiler is optional on the ST170, the interior has some differences too, I wish I could get the silver door pulls.

Only colors available in Europe are:

Magnum Grey
Panter Black
Moondust Silver
and Blue Print (equal to Sonic Blue)

Ironically (because no longer offered in the US) they all get the blue/black interior if the Custom Pack isn't chosen.

[ 05-19-2003, 09:56 AM: Message edited by: emulous ]

·
Registered
971 Posts
The local Ford dealership just started offering SVT vehicles, and they got in a brand new 2003 SVT focus (Silver) with the full "euro accent" package.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I didn't think u could get the Euro package with silver.

"Competition Orange" and "Screaming Yellow" only.

·
Registered
19,264 Posts
Originally posted by TbirdJayC:
no, any color but blue. where is this rumor coming from??? dont any of you actually look on SVT's site?
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Yes... as a matter of fact I do...

But why would you want a Euro Appearance on a standard color... get the orange!!!

Anyway... according to http://www.svt.ford.com/news/news_eurofocus.asp

The exterior is set off by 17x7-inch, multi-spoke, Dark Argent wheels (similar to those offered on Europe's Ford ST170),
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">So they're similar... but not the same.

[ 05-19-2003, 10:17 PM: Message edited by: BUR_ZX3 ]

·
Registered
3,081 Posts
If you read the article in the back of the recent SVT Enthusiast magazine there is an article about the development of the SVTF and the guy that was in the spotlight. The car was developed under the codename Pihrana and as decreed by the boss, should have " no less than 160 HP but preferrably 170 HP ",based on the name for the Euro version, ST170.

I believe that although differences between the two are prevalent, the cars are in fact meant to be the same in their respective markets.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts