Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now that I have 3 bent SVT wheels, I can fit them all on the rear of the car.....

So, I'm going to get another set of wheels. So, does anyone have these SVT Euro wheels and do they bend as easily as the regular SVT wheels? They look stronger, but if anyone has some real world experience, let me know. Thanks!

BTW... I plan on going with a 215/50r17 this time and I know it will throw off the speedo, but I want the wheels straight and I think the minimal sidewall combined with [email protected]#y roads is the biggest contributor to bent wheels.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Three bent wheels? I was going to respond with a WTF-are-you-doing-to-your car, and then I saw Dearborn Mich.
I'm sorry man. You guys must have some of the worst "roads" in the nation.

·
Registered
239 Posts
You might consider going to a 16" wheel. That way you can keep the rolling diameter but gain some sidewall compliance. The speedometer will actually become more accurate with a taller tire (mine is off about 4mph at 60 showing) but I would not want the taller gearing you would get with the 215/50/17.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I did consider the 16s, but I want to resell this car next year and I'm not sure there would be much interest in a SVT with 16s.

·
Registered
751 Posts
What are you guys doing to bend these things?? Yea they're cast but they're still damn strong, plus they weigh 22lbs. Maybe they're not as strong as I thought

·
Registered
993 Posts
What are you guys doing to bend these things?? Yea they're cast but they're still damn strong, plus they weigh 22lbs. Maybe they're not as strong as I thought
Yeah, I know I have at least 2 bent rims, but I'm not so ready to get new ones because the roads on LI suck. One of the other guys on here with an SVT bent a few of his too.

·
Registered
751 Posts
Yeah, I know I have at least 2 bent rims, but I'm not so ready to get new ones because the roads on LI suck. One of the other guys on here with an SVT bent a few of his too.
Yea I know how you feel. I live in an incorpoated village(Northport), and the damn people dont give a [censored] about our roads, yet our local police make more than the average suffolk cop, and they never give out tickets. No tickets = No funding for the roads

·
Registered
64 Posts
I bent two of my rims in the first 6 months of having my car, i have been driving for 4 years on 15"-18" and never had a problem except for the svt wheels. Something is not right with them

·
Registered
510 Posts
same here i completly snapped my front svt wheel and dented my rear one. they are so weak. ill post a pic tomrow.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I have noticed one thing you guys have in common.
Everyone here except for the guy in Tenn. lives up north.
I have to repeat a question that someone else has posted here. What where you doing when these wheels bend?

·
Registered
13 Posts
FYI: Most of the money for road maintenance and new construction comes from gas taxes, at least at the state and federal levels.

I also have two bent wheels (in 6 months); and I have been asking myself the same question about the euro package wheels. Do they cost the same as the regular SVTs? I got a new replacement wheel back in April from tire rack for about $150. Also, for winter tires, does anyone knows any 16" x 7 wheel that resembles the original SVT wheel? I don't like the ZX3 ones.

·
Registered
3,666 Posts
I [censored] up a couple of my rims too...the Potholes in NJ where horrible this year. I never had a problem with my Mustang GT 17in wheels, besides self-inflicted incidents with curbs.
I need to get 2 new rims and already replaced one due to run in with a major pothole in the late winter that Claimed another Focus wheel too (was too busy checking out the ass on the girl that hit the pot too
)

·
Registered
49 Posts
FYI: Most of the money for road maintenance and new construction comes from gas taxes, at least at the state and federal levels.

I also have two bent wheels (in 6 months); and I have been asking myself the same question about the euro package wheels. Do they cost the same as the regular SVTs? I got a new replacement wheel back in April from tire rack for about $150. Also, for winter tires, does anyone knows any 16" x 7 wheel that resembles the original SVT wheel? I don't like the ZX3 ones.
Tire Rack sells the ASA JS1, and the Sport Edition Fox 6 in 16x7. They resemble the SVT wheels.

http://www.tirerack.com/upgrade_garage/WheelSearch.jsp?changeColor=Choose+Color&filterSize=16&filterFinish=&filterSpecial=Pricing&autoMake=Ford&autoModel=Focus+ZX3+Hatchback&autoYear=2002

·
Registered
20 Posts
Deffinately they arent so stong, I am going for my third bent wheel change and second tire change (one literally blown and the other with a bubble).

I thought just in Mexico the roads were like pure shi..tt.

By the way, Kuhmo Ecsta Supras 215/45/17 are much stronger than OEM Conti's. With Continetals by now I would have made 6 or 7 tire changes.

·
Registered
510 Posts
When i snapped my wheel i was pulling on to a highway and on the ramp there was construction and they cut out a square on around a drainage easment. there was no cone and i didnt see it till last minute and snapped the rim.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Damage due to pot holes by the way is the responsibility of whoever is suppose to maintain the road where this occured
(STATE, CITY, County, Etc.)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts