Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a few questions regarding the SVT swap, and I would like to keep this thread on topic. I don't want to hear how the FC or FS header flows better, just need some answers
. If I order the header, flex pipe, and cat, do I still need a MIL eliminator, or does the SVT cat use 2 O2 sensors. I am planning on having a bung for the EGR welded in, and where would be the ideal location for this? I am also going to sent the header out to be jet coated so I don't have to hide it, so what do I do about the bolt holes for the stock heat shield? Any answers would be greatly appreciated, as I wish to order the parts ASAP.

Thanks,
Josh

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
I just ordered the header. You might put the stock SVT heat shield on it (does it even have one?). Put the EGR bung as close to the original spot for minimal bending of the exsisting tube. While you're at it, weld a bung in for the O2 sensor in the header. You could also use the SVT cat and flex pipe. I'm seeing about a high flow cat ($99). Can't wait!

Oops! Brain fade...I see you are getting the cat, flex pipe soooo there should be a place for an O2 sensor. Not sure if they did away with the 2nd O2. I'd like to know also.

[ 10-21-2002, 10:32 PM: Message edited by: fruitport_focus ]

·
Registered
2,226 Posts
Check out the Buy/Sell forum, FC is selling the SVT header they used in the dyno, and it already has 1st, and 2nd O2 sensor bungs welded in. Also a fabbed pipe that lets it connect to the ZX3 flex is included

·
Registered
152 Posts
If you order the SVT parts, the only welding you will need to do is for the EGR.

The SVT cat comes with two 02 sensors as most any other exhaust system will have. FC needed to weld spots for the 02 sensors, because they did not use the SVT cat pipe. They mocked up a straight pipe from the header to exhaust, in order to make it work.

The bolt holes for the stock SVT heat shield: You can probably just grind them off with a dremmel or such. They are welded on, so you merely have to cut the welds and grind it smooth.

Hope this helps.
MikeyP

1 - 5 of 5 Posts