Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
whats everyones opinion on exhaust??? lookin for the same tone as stock just louder. dont wanna sound like a civic!!! Borla? magnaflow? give me some feedback on em.

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
There is a butt load of stuff if you do a search on this. I have the Borla, and I would not change it for anything. Nice low tone through the whole rpm range. Catching gears sounds AWESOME!

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
cool thanks thats prob what i will do. What do u have for a header on your car?

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ya thats what i thougth cause i have looked aroudn and couldnt find much for the svt.

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
Yeah stock. Another option is getting the regular zx3 race header than you have to match all the rest of the exhaust components. But, the orp is just about the same as having the race header any way (i have the orp). It seems like the Borla was made to run with the orp
...SOUNDS GREAT with orp installed, nice power adder too!!

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just ordered the Borla it will be here tomrow

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
Nice, you wont be disapointed on that buy. Maybe a little pricey, but with the warranty and what not I think it is worth it in the end.

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
put it on this mornings it sounds good and there was a def power change. On yours do u the resonator on it or did you chop it out?

·
Registered
262 Posts
Personally I like the stock SVT tip. I never cared for the Borla. Most will never own a car long enough to justify the stainless steel. I WOULD like to see the Bassani when it is available. To date on aftermarket I would say I like the Magnaflow tip the best. Many of these tips hang out to damn far. My .02. jw

·
Registered
286 Posts
At the risk of drawing mass ilk, IMHO, a 4 cylinder will never sound "good", regardless of any exhaust/non-exhaust. It's simply a matter of how much less irritating you can make it, ie: more quiet. I'd gladly trade a few HP for some decent sound control. I haven't heard anything yet for the SVTF that impresses me. Until I do, I will live with the borderline obnoxious stock enhaust. As Madmax mentioned, at least the tip is in perfect placement, and nicely styled.
~Dave

·
Registered
12,749 Posts
I'm still waiting for Focus Sport to finish their exhaust. But until then I don't mind keeping with the stocker. It's really grown on me.

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Bassani gas a system on their website, but is if for sale yet?

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I hit a raised manhole cover today and almost closed my header. i was so pissed till i realized now the town has to pay for it. does anyone have a header out yet i havent seen any?

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
I dont think any one does. I dont know what they would do to improve on it. Only thing really to do is make a race header that does away with the cat, then again you could just get the orp if you were gonna do that.

·
Registered
751 Posts
FocusSport is making one. It wont be out for a while tho

Its true, the stock design is really good, so the only way they could really improve it is to tamper with the design a little and make it lighter

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I just called Borla and they told me the header is the same for both the svt and the regualr 2.0 zetec. what do u guys think about that. i thought it was a hole dif exaust system

1 - 20 of 50 Posts