Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
921 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not looking for a full exhuast, just a nice tip with a quiet sound at a small price. Would getting an SVT exhuast be a good investment? A muffler would run around $170, and a full system would be around $300, so if the SVT system is somewhere in there I may consider it.

Oh yea, how much power would I get out of an SVT exhuast? Would I need/want a new flex pipe? Thanks e'ryone.

·
Registered
4,197 Posts
you know I checked this and found out the SVT exhaust is 2.68 in diameter, So I would think buying the SVT exhaust and getting a straight muffler would do just fine.

oh yea I know where you can get the exhause cheaper! Send me a pm and I will tell you who to call

·
Registered
2,728 Posts
remember, the SVT exhaust has no EGR hook up

·
Registered
5,447 Posts
moving this to zetec tuning.

·
Registered
3,081 Posts
I think you'd be better off going aftermarket.

The SVT exhaust sounds nice, but I think most of that is due to the header.

I have little experience with 4 bangers, if you had a six or an 8 I could help ya more....

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
Modern Performance has the best price as far as I know on the Pacesetter exhaust. It pretty much fits your listed requirements, and I love mine. Great sound.

They have a tendency to rust, due to the crappy paint job they're given at the factory. I sanded mine down and gave it a good wipe with some prep-sol, then sprayed 5 or 6 light coats of Duplicolor high heat, ceramic engine paint on it. It's holding up very nicely.

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
Oh, and about the tacky yellow crap on the tip, I don't know why the heck they put that crap on there but, the stripe is just vinyl tape that comes right off and the yellow inside the tip either goes away in a day or two of driving (gets covered up by exiting exhaust blackening) or, in some cases, like mine, just comes black from the factory.

·
Registered
2,748 Posts
THe SVT exhasut isn't a direct bolt on, the system moves the location of the cat, hence you'll need to buy the entire system, then haved ti modified to fit your EGR so you don't get the crappy check engine light

·
I change diapers now
14,444 Posts
Originally posted by RainyZX3:
modified to fit your EGR so you don't get the crappy check engine light
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">He wants the exhaust system - Not the header/flex/cat.

He wouldn't need an EGR hookup if he only bought the exhaust.

- Drew

·
Registered
561 Posts
I would say to get the thermal R&D exhaust. I have it on my car, it is high qulaity and has a nice deep tone to it. It is a little expensive but it is worth the money.

·
Registered
4,197 Posts
Originally posted by RainyZX3:
THe SVT exhasut isn't a direct bolt on, the system moves the location of the cat, .....
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Not so if you just put it on from the cat back....I have put this system on another zx3, I promise it works

·
Registered
921 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for the tips. It sounds like the SVT exhuast will bolt up to the stock flex pipe, so I will be considering it.

·
Registered
486 Posts
I am not sure how this would apply to the Focus, but on my Contour, I had an SVT exhaust on a zetec auto. It didn't do anything for me but make noise. It could also have been from the car just not really functioning properly.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts