Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, who's heard both? Impressions?

Anyone know if there is any proven power pick up with either and how they compare?

Where's the cheapest place to buy them?

Anything you have to say about either system?

·
Registered
128 Posts
MagnaFlow has around 5hp and 5tq across the board. Borla claims 7hp, but I haven't seen dynos on there's yet. I have magnaflow and like it, but I haven't heard Borla's in person, just audio files.

·
Registered
12,749 Posts
MagnaFlow has around 5hp and 5tq across the board. Borla claims 7hp, but I haven't seen dynos on there's yet. I have magnaflow and like it, but I haven't heard Borla's in person, just audio files.
Just to be fair, there have been no dynos of the Magnaflow either. At least not from a customer. I think a magnaflow rep posted a dyno of their 2nd version for the SVT which showed decent power gains, but I've not seen a customer dyno of the magnaflow.

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
Nice...I was gonna post a similar thread...I've been looking all around for those sound files of SVTs with the Borla...especially the Borla/ORP combo I've read so much about. If some one can point me in the right direction...it'd be great...thanks...

CCC

·
INCREDIBLY SHRINKING POST COUNT!!! (PSST...Add 10K
6,259 Posts
Nice...I was gonna post a similar thread...I've been looking all around for those sound files of SVTs with the Borla...especially the Borla/ORP combo I've read so much about. If some one can point me in the right direction...it'd be great...thanks...

CCC
Here is one thread that has a sound clip from GetImpact with the Borla exhaust:

http://www.focaljet.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=UBB36&Number=697385&Forum=UBB36&Words=Borla%20&Match=Entire%20Phrase&Searchpage=1&Limit=25&Old=3months&Main=693402&Search=true#Post697385
I hope this helps some.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the replies! I've posted this on other forums with not a single response. This is obviously the best SVT Focus forum.

Thanks again,

Dave

·
Registered
132 Posts
Has anyone heard a stock exhaust with the lunchbox cut out AND the borla catback in person?? How do they sound relative to one another???

·
Registered
12,749 Posts
I've not heard the stocker without the lunchbox, but I have heard a borla, and I would say that it would be a miracle if the stock exhaust w/o the lunchbox sounded like the Borla. There is no way, that little thing is going to change the tone that much. The borla's tone is "completely" different.

·
Registered
2,637 Posts
i have the magnaflow and i love it. the borla sounds just a tad bit deeper, and yes i have heard it in person. i dont know about the diff in hp between the two, if there is any. i would say go with the magnaflow since it is cheaper (pricewise.) also, the guy at my local muffler shop says that magnaflow is structurally stronger than the borla, but i have no proof to the validity of that statement. i am very pleased with my magnaflow.

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
Has anyone heard a stock exhaust with the lunchbox cut out AND the borla catback in person?? How do they sound relative to one another???
I have had both on my car. The lunch box out is "rice". It is not even fair to compare the two. The lunch box being cut off is cheap sounding, which is exactly what it is. I dont know if the Borla sounds like 500 bucks, but in my opinion is the best sounding exhaust for the SVT. I have heard them all in person. Borla has the deepest tone, and that tone doesnt really change through the rpm range, unles you have the orp. After the Borla breaks in and you have the orp the tone does change in the high rpms, but is still a sweet sound!

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
Can some one tell me where to get a Borla SVT Exhaust from...CHEAP!!! Thanks...I guess I missed that GB...wasn't in the market at the time.

CCC

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
How much louder are they as compared to stock? I don't really want someone to hear me comming just driving around. But I do want a deap agresave tone to it when I get on it. Is this what they give you? I hope so because that's what I am looking for.

·
Registered
751 Posts
You guys know the Trubendz is finally out too! There a couple posts on it in MyFordFoucus, and two movies. Im looking at the 2.5 stainless w/Borla muffler. It sounds great, should make the same or more power then the real Borla and is only $295!!

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
I haven't heard both but I do have Magna Flow. Im in love with it now. lol

·
Registered
242 Posts
You guys know the Trubendz is finally out too! There a couple posts on it in MyFordFoucus, and two movies. Im looking at the 2.5 stainless w/Borla muffler. It sounds great, should make the same or more power then the real Borla and is only $295!!
I'm gonna call BS on some of that.

The full Borla Catback for SVTF comes with beautifully tuned resonators, for one thing. T304 stainless construction throughout for another (does the Trubendz have that).

Thirdly, the sound and performance of the real Borla catback is well-composed even with other exhaust mods (cat-delete, etc.)

The Trubendz is a decent compromise for those who want something cheaper (and louder), but I think that is all there is to it.

·
Registered
751 Posts
I'm gonna call BS on some of that.

The full Borla Catback for SVTF comes with beautifully tuned resonators, for one thing. T304 stainless construction throughout for another (does the Trubendz have that).
I know its all stainless but i have no idea if its T304. It only has one borla muffler, and to me Borla is Borla. They don't make [censored] stuff.

Thirdly, the sound and performance of the real Borla catback is well-composed even with other exhaust mods (cat-delete, etc.)
In the clips I heard it sounds like exactly what I want. Thats not to say that everyone else will agree though. Its only one muffler, thats it, so it is loud, but its still very low and didn't sound ricey at all. With an ORP, yea, it will be VERY loud and probably pretty buzzy, but im not going the ORP route for a variety of reasons, so this is perfect for me.

I don't see how it could make less power than the Borla unless it has some crazy restricting bends, since it only has one muffler as opposed to a muffler and resonator and is the same size. For me this exhaust is a no brainer. You can also get it in 2.25 and 3 inch versions, with Borla, Flowmaster or Magnaflow mufflers. More info here: www.trubendz.com

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
I don't see how it could make less power than the Borla unless it has some crazy restricting bends, since it only has one muffler as opposed to a muffler and resonator and is the same size. For me this exhaust is a no brainer. You can also get it in 2.25 and 3 inch versions, with Borla, Flowmaster or Magnaflow mufflers. More info here: www.trubendz.com
I couldn't find a 3in version of the Borla! Maybe I'm blind...

CCC

1 - 20 of 22 Posts