Ford Focus Forum banner

SVT Focus Cross Weight/Corner Weighting Results

2K views 11 replies 4 participants last post by  JaySD 
#1 ·
We put my car up on the Longacre scales today and I figured some of you guys might be interested in the data. 2002 SVT, CF hood, 17 Rota SDRs, Borla, Intake, ORP, UDP, Kumho MX tires. (Just so you can think of anything weight wise making a difference)

This is what all seats in and spare in and leaving in the 5lbs of crap papers and CDs in the trunk.

This is also with a Full tank of gas

Without Me
LF 857 RF 832
LR 532 RR 550

Left 1389 50.1%
Rear 1082 39.1% (so Front/Rear is 61/39 is a 61% bias)
Cross 1363 49.2%

Total 2771

With Me
LF 912 RF 850
LR 582 RR 569

Total 2912

See less See more
#2 ·
Damn........again....the Focus is pretty remarkable right out of the box.

Whose scales did you use Jason?

Curious about the slight positive impact the lighter PZEV would have on the scales as well.

#3 ·
mental math says that w/ 80 pounds less on the front end, and about 20-30 more on the back (guesstimateat hte weight diff between the pzev metal tank versus the SVT plastic tank) will result in a weight distribution of about 58/42. Prolly noticeably better turn in at the expense of a little less ability to understeer on command. I'll hit that.

#5 ·
Damn........again....the Focus is pretty remarkable right out of the box.

Whose scales did you use Jason?

Curious about the slight positive impact the lighter PZEV would have on the scales as well.
Rush Motorsport's my buddy Louis's shop.

He has the full Longacre scale setup.
Just put her up on the lift slipped the 4 scales under (they are wheel specific) put the car down and the readout displays all the info. Ill post the pic I took of the unit when I get home and can upload it.

FYI Weighing the car didnt cost me anything, since I am getting suspension from him its part of the cost. (This way we can order appropriate spring rates and get an idea for tuning once the adjustable coil overs and koni's are on the car)

Oh and Murph
Car is down there having Mychron installed right now thats why we went ahead and weighed it.

So you can check it out at the 31st auto-x at the very least but I dont know if I will be running.

#7 ·
Rush Motorsport's my buddy Louis's shop.
Oh and Murph
Car is down there having Mychron installed right now thats why we went ahead and weighed it.
Pardon my ignorance, is that the data aqu. system?

you sick little monkey

let's run on the 31st

#9 ·
Murph, are you bringing your car out to run? If not you could enter mine and we could check the Mychron then potentially.

Some pics from my trip down there.

Edit: That Spec Miata sounds absolutely terribly mean. I cannot begin to imagine something that nasty coming from a 1.6 or 1.8 litre 4 cyl

Spec Miata

Rush Motorsport

Uber M3

The Mychron Unit

The Longacre scales device

#11 ·
Murph, are you bringing your car out to run? If not you could enter mine and we could check the Mychron then potentially.
Yep, I wanted to break in my tires a little.....would love to check out your Uberelectronika though

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.