Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I went out to wash my car this morning I pushed my sponge into the fog light opening and heard rattling glass.
Needless to say I now need another fog light. Are there any aftermarket places that sell a replacement or only Ford ? I know I've seen them on Ebay before, but there are none there at the moment. (Do the lights from any other Ford vehicles fit the SVTF ??)

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
I think they are the same as the ones in the current Ranger and the current Explorer, but I don't know if the mounting brackets are the same.

·
Registered
10,752 Posts
When I went out to wash my car this morning I pushed my sponge into the fog light opening and heard rattling glass.
Needless to say I now need another fog light. Are there any aftermarket places that sell a replacement or only Ford ? I know I've seen them on Ebay before, but there are none there at the moment. (Do the lights from any other Ford vehicles fit the SVTF ??)
Is your car past its warranty? Cause if its still under warranty you can just take it in and have it replaced...

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
Is your car past its warranty? Cause if its still under warranty you can just take it in and have it replaced...
They'll replace that under warranty? I just bought one for like $40 and replaced it myself in 10 minutes.

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
That would not be covered.
That is not a manufacturers defect. It's just common road hazzard, like getting your windshield cracked by a rock while driving.
Of course insurance covers the winshield, but you get the point. Ford is not accountable.

Let's face it, the foglights are in a bad spot on the lower outside of the bumper. I believe many have replaced this already.I know I have.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Check with your dealer - I know of several Lightning and Cobra owners that have got the fog light replace under warranty.

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
CAL-FOCUS.COM sells the SVT foglights for $69/ea.

·
Registered
619 Posts
I also just found my pass side light lenz cracked. Hey NALAR where did you get one for $40?? Whole thing? lense?

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
I also just found my pass side light lenz cracked. Hey NALAR where did you get one for $40?? Whole thing? lense?
Nah, the whole thing. In fact, you HAVE to get the whole thing. Sorry, my father works for Ford, so I just gave him the part number and he ordered it for me with 25% off. Maybe it was $45...

·
Registered
742 Posts
Make friends with your parts guy at the counter..........

it cost me about $55....... be nice it will pay off in the long run.

·
Registered
97 Posts
My replacement is sitting on my desk in front of me now. $45 from the parts counter at Evergreen Ford. I have heard that there are Hellas that will fit in there nice with the "angel eye" effect. I have also seen guys remove their fogs alltogether and rig up brake ducts too. Many options.

·
Registered
619 Posts
My passenger side is cracked also. $75 to replace ..

·
Registered
3,081 Posts
I just took mine out completely.

The fog lights don't really do much in terms of added lighting and I don't care about the asthetics. In fact, at night I get a kind of "sleeper effect", people don't realize its an SVT until its too late.

I'd much rather use that space for something functional, like brake ducts.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts