Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
check um out. these pics turned out a little better.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
sorry i treid to make them bigger but for some reson it will not let me

·
Registered
222 Posts
So where does the svt header and cat bolt up to? Does it just join the stock exhaust after the flexpipe or do you need some type of adapter or just get a whole new exhaust.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think that you could bolt it up to your stock cat back. i am not shure though probaly would be better to get something bigger though.

·
Driver > Car
23,988 Posts
are you going to fit the EGR onto this or remove it completely...

also can you show the o2 sensor areas?

Thanks man... i've been looking into this for a little while now.

Where's Ult?

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
Originally posted by belnaper:
I think that you could bolt it up to your stock cat back. i am not shure though probaly would be better to get something bigger though.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">it will not bolt to stock. you could probably have an exhaust shop fab a piece that will bolt to svt flex and then clamp to zetec catback via exhaust u bolt.

flex on top muffler asy on bottom

muffler on top flex on bottom

flex to muffler 90degrees

on this last image, the stud you can't see is in the hole and it shows that the other stud does not line up

[ 02-25-2003, 09:39 PM: Message edited by: zx3 focus racer ]

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I dont see wy you are allways shaking your head. In your other svt exaust post. That you are allways saying that we should refer to. You said we could use a ztec focus flex pipe with svt exaust. And i dont mean stock it could be any other after markert flex pipe and unless it is made for the svt then it will not work. You also didnt post any pictures of any thing so we didnt no what we were even looking at. I give you this you are the one who brought this subject to our atention But I am sure you could bring more to the table than "shakes his head"

·
Registered
5,580 Posts
never said u could use the *whole svt setup* w/a zetec flex....only if u wanted 2 splice in a cat or extension pipe.

2nd alot of these questions r b'g repeated over and over.

and if u want pix...do a search....its old hat usin the svt setup....guess most of u guys think, oh its from ford, thus its stock or it must just suck.

-Ult

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i am new to the jet so this is the first i have ever heard of it. THANK YOU FOR BRING IT TO MY ATENTION. so do you know any more about the relocation of the dipstick and the power steering line. LOL

·
Registered
5,580 Posts
contact john at mcnews. he'll walk u thru it. actually much easier than many of these other cats make it out 2 b...no other stuff is need, but ur time and tools....and yes its proven, they've done it 2 their house car which uses just the header right now.

oh btw, welcome

-Ult

[ 02-25-2003, 10:53 PM: Message edited by: UltegraSTI ]

1 - 12 of 12 Posts