Ford Focus Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just installed the SVT header today and it fits. I will have pics posted Monday if I can get CharlesWA to help me. I did have to fab a small bracket to move the oil dip stick and I still need to plug the opening where the EGR tube fits into the EGR module(?). I don't intend to remove any more of the EGR system as that necessitates removal of the intake manifold (at least it looked like that to me). Also I need to have a 12" section of pipe fabbed to connect the header with the flex pipe. Still need to address the O2 sensors as well. Who know how to defeat the CEL? Certainly helps to have a helper too. Thanks Dennis.

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
Yes, it fits!!!

Glad to hear that you got it on there OK. I'm really anxious to see the pictures and hear your opinions on the mod once you have it running!

Again, congratulations!

·
Registered
2,945 Posts
You can remove the 2 bolts on the side of the EGR to remove just the EGR and have a plate made to go on in place of the EGR.

Glad to hear the header fits!

·
Registered
92 Posts
you can buy o2 cheaters from one of the jets sponsors, my brain is fried right now, i'm shurew some one knows

·
Registered
8,272 Posts
so hows the power??

Im gonna be getting this to replace my FC race header soon, i need something a bit bigger, i know the SVT header is HUGE in diameter, not sure exactly how big, but i know its bigger than my FC race header

That and a bigger exhuast should put me right up at 170whp....

Did a muffler shop just make a pipe to the flexpipe for you???

Great, im glad it fits

[ 10-13-2002, 10:06 PM: Message edited by: nazthug ]

·
Super Moderator
12,435 Posts
Also can someone post a price of the SVT header. I think that it would be a nice addition for me too.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
8,272 Posts
can anyone take measurements of the pipe diameter on the SVT? I know its large from the outside, but just wanna confirm that it does have more inner diameter than my current FC race header...I think i need more flow, along with a 2.5" exhuast, this HKS is sweet and all, but its only 2"

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Naz - The inside diameter is 2.5" on the header. The stock inside diameter is 2". My Magnaflow catback is 2.5". To do things right, I should probably replace the flex pipe with a 2.5" pipe and use a 2.5" pipe to connect the header to the flex pipe.

·
Registered
3,046 Posts
Originally posted by nazthug:
this HKS is sweet and all, but its only 2"
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Naz, the HKS has 2" piping?

·
Registered
8,272 Posts
yup, its a bit bigger than 2" but not full 2 1/4"

Dont worry, for most people its plenty, HKS actually tested it...theres no reason for anything larger, until you start going over 150whp, which before was considered impossible, but now look, im at 166whp and my power slowly flattens out after 6500rpm, i can only blame the exhuast on this, because i have 3.5" intake piping, cams that should easily run to 7000rpm...but hey, i have a 4-2-1 header, stock flexpipe and a HKS exhuast which isnt even 2.25"

·
Registered
8,272 Posts
its like that hose you speak of from home depot, but its ALOT nicer, alot more expensive and works a lot better, holds its shape no matter what you do and, well, obveously, it works damnit

·
Registered
389 Posts
Originally posted by nazthug:
im at 166whp and my power slowly flattens out after 6500rpm, i can only blame the exhuast on this,
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I know this is off topic. Naz, you're out of MAF and injector at this power not exhaust. With a stock MAF curve and stock injectors, you are really lucky to see those numbers.

·
Super Moderator
12,435 Posts
Originally posted by Blue01Street:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Originally posted by nazthug:
im at 166whp and my power slowly flattens out after 6500rpm, i can only blame the exhuast on this,
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I know this is off topic. Naz, you're out of MAF and injector at this power not exhaust. With a stock MAF curve and stock injectors, you are really lucky to see those numbers.</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Check his WHP thread for MAF voltage numbers. He's still got a tiny bit more there.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Originally posted by zx3ford:
Check his WHP thread for MAF voltage numbers. He's still got a tiny bit more there.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">My only point was this:

Using the stock MAF transfer function 4.79v = 138.89 gm/sec.

138.89 gm/sec = 1102.32 lb/hr air flow.

Even at 14.7 a/f (way lean for WOT) you would need 75 lb/hr of fuel.

That is 18.75 lb/hr per injector.

His MAF voltage was 4.88 which means his airflow was closer to 1200 lb/hr.

I'm not trying to start a thing here but you do the math and tell me how much more there is to get without a meltdown.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.