Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Retail was $220.43. I purchased it it for $ 158.71 + 5.95 shipping through parts.com. It's a nice looking piece and I think I can make it work. Yes, I do intend to run it without a cat. I may have to fab some parts but it shouldn't be too difficult. I'll keep you peeps in the loop if you're interested.......

·
Registered
372 Posts
I just got all of my parts for this setup too. I am probably not going to get it on until next week though. If you are going to run it without a cat you should call Nader at Focus Central, he might have something to help you out
(661)-823-2400

·
Registered
125 Posts
WOW thats a really good price!!

Would it perform as well as an aftermarket race header?

·
Registered
369 Posts
Good timing tho guys! FocusBoy , i think im goin to have an opertunity to grab some SVT exhaust parts and so.. i just wana Finish the job
hehe.. any more info would be apreciated.. does the svt exhaust just BOLT up?! or is there small rigging jobs to be done? Cant wait tell next week brew keep us updated on your story too!

·
Registered
199 Posts
Cool, post some pics, just make sure that red car with wide yellow wheels you have isn't in the the background! j/k!

·
Registered
317 Posts
Post some pics please. I would like to the see the difference.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
glad to see you are doing well! been travelling much? i'm anxious to hear how this works.

·
Registered
369 Posts
BUMP BUMP!! Ditto on the News??!

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Sorry guys.....still not installed. My girlfried is taking up way too much of my time. One note of interest though. I also bought a cylinder head with the thought of doing some head work and I can confirm the header does line up with the ports and the studs. There is also no provision for the EGR so I intend to yard that off. I hope to have it installed by next weekend though. Just got the news tonight that a $400 traffic fine was dismissed.

[ 09-13-2002, 07:46 PM: Message edited by: FocusBoy ]

·
Registered
369 Posts
OK so, are you saying that i should go pick one up?? fit with no mods??

·
Registered
199 Posts
Originally posted by S2r:
OK so, are you saying that i should go pick one up?? fit with no mods??
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Well, that is what he said but you will have no place to connect the EGR so it won't be a 100% bolt-on.

·
Registered
3,022 Posts
It is also not going to be a bolt on because you'll need someone to fabricate a new flex-pipe for you. The collector flange on the SVT header has 3-bolts, while the one on the regular Foci has 2-bolts. We also don't know if the SVT cat/flex pipe will even bolt up to the regular ZX3 exhaust.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Originally posted by Watever:
what's the EGR ?
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Exhaust
Gas
Recirculation

It's the metal tube that comes off the top part of the cat.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts