Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went for a drive after I installed my SVT header and test pipe. Returned home to find power steering fluid all over the engine compartment and down the right side of my car, and no power steering. The steel tube that goes over the top of the engine and is wrapped in foil towards the front of the engine. That's the power steering line and I burned a hole through it being so close to the header. That bad boy does not look easy to replace either.

·
Super Moderator
12,435 Posts
Oh man.
And it was going so well too. Keep us posted.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Originally posted by FocusBoy:
Went for a drive after I installed my SVT header and test pipe. Returned home to find power steering fluid all over the engine compartment and down the right side of my car, and no power steering. The steel tube that goes over the top of the engine and is wrapped in foil towards the front of the engine. That's the power steering line and I burned a hole through it being so close to the header. That bad boy does not look easy to replace either.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Are you using a heatshield or did you have it Jet coated? Please tell me you didn't run it with the header in stock form with no heat shielding.

Josh

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Uh, Yeah...... Went down to the Ford dealer today after work and looked at the SVT. Little bit different routing away on the power steering line. i'm trying to order that line now.

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
Go back to stock form and take it to the dealership

:IBHaters:

EDIT: whoops forgot to finish the post, lol

[ 10-30-2002, 11:17 AM: Message edited by: Carizme ]

·
Registered
3,022 Posts
Damn. I just ordered the SVT header, and now I read this. Looks like I'll be wrapping the one end of the powersteering line in thermal wrap just to be safe. I'm also going to be putting header wrap on the bottom two primaries that are positioned too close for comfort to the plastic fans.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts