Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone out there put a svt header on a normal focus I imagine it would bolt right up but i'm not sure I asked my ford dealer that knows absolutly nothing and like i said he knows absolutly nothing another question is what does the svt do for a cat is that whats coming right off the header on the one i stuck my head under. I did find out that the svt header even though it would have to be ordered is real competitive in price to all the other good race headers out there that and it looks so nice

·
Registered
3,821 Posts
considering there are people on here that have done the SVT header on their regular zetec, i would say the answer is yes. do a "search"

note: this is not a direct bolt-on! there are a few things that need to be modified (like the O2 sensor locations) in order to make it fit.

Nate

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
I have one. Haven't installed it yet. I need to fab a pipe from the header to the flex. I have the SS tubing and the O2 bungs. Just need to pick up flat plate for the flanges. Also there is an interference with the PS hose which needs to be rerouted.

·
Registered
400 Posts
It is NOT a direct bolt-up, search for some of my threads on the svt header, you can see install pics and dyno results. but you must have o2 bungs, and an adaptor pipe, you must also figure out how to prevent it from buring your power steering line.

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
you could coat the header with jet hot and wrap the power steering line with header wrap or heat rap or whatever

·
Registered
239 Posts
hmm I didnt think about the size of the svt header to my stock exhaust!!maybe ill just put my stock header back on till i figure out what to do here!! so what flex pipe should i get that will bolt to the flex pipe or should I keep the stock flex and weld it!!??

1 - 6 of 6 Posts