Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1. Where can I buy the header with the EGR bung included. I am assuming that the headers available thru normal Ford parts channels do not have it. I work at a Ford dealer and can get the header very cheap, depending on cost I may just buy the stock header and have a bung welded on at an exhaust shop.

2. I have read about concerns with the location of the power steering line, and melting related to the location of the SVT cat. My question is: is it possible to swap the SVT p/s line to the ZX3, and have it routed in the SVT location to eliminate this problem?

3. As far as the location of the o2 sensors - is the stock o2 sensor wire long enough to reach the sensor at the SVT cat, or will I need a longer SVT wire as well?

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
i have the svt header,cat, flex waiting to be installed. i need a catback but first i need a job
. the p/s line can be loosened and just be pushed out the way. so i have been told. i am sure you could swap for an svt p/s line. the dipstick, u just bend outa the way as well. i dont know about anything melting. i purchaced all the heat shields as well. the wiring on the o2 is not long enough. mcnews has o2 extenders, egr block offs and all the info on the p/s line move. remember i have not yet done this but have talked to ppl who have done this.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
bump!

·
TEAM Member
2,059 Posts
If you plan on putting the cat in you will need to lengthen the rear o2 wire we have extensions. FR has a prototype complete with a new EGR tube and heatshield. They are working out all of the details now.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the help! Any info on the p/s hose?

·
Registered
112 Posts
i have the header cat and flex on my car righ5t now. You have to lenghen both the o2 sensors. not hard if you no how to solder or can get your hands on some old 02 sensor conectors. You can make that work easy with just a little time and wire. the power steering line can be moved out of the way. you dont have to loosen it because where the line goes into the pump is a free turning fitting. you just have to rought it a little differint and ziptie it. I to thought of using a svt steering line and i am sure it will work perfict. you could also take your exsisiting power steering line of the car and put a couple of custom bends in it and it would be just as good. You do have to bend up your dipstick a bit to get it to work but no big deal there. i orderd the stock header from my ford dealer and had the bung welded on. you can order the perfict egr bung from ford for the the header. My parts guys had a hard time finding it but there is one dont let them tell you there isnt. just take of your stock manifold. hang the svt mani on the head and mark the spot for the bumg. take your header a nd bung to the exhaust shop and have then weld it in place. it cost me $5 to have them weld it on. after that get a drill bit that just fits in the egr bung hole <---lol. and drill it out. all the rest is pretty well all bolt on. the cat is really tight. so you have to put it into place and then put the 02 in after words. I even cut pieses of my stock heat shield and made my own custom heat shields in spots that i thought that i might need them.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts