Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ok.. i got my hands on an svt 4-2-1 header.. my questions are.... #1 what can i do about the sensors? its my understanding the the egr and 02 sensors both should go somewhere in the header, but there are no holes in the header. #2 i have a generic cat back 2.25 inch exhaust... what do i need to do to eliminate the cat without my cel coming on? i have heard of 02 cheaters, but where do i get them? #3 do i need a heat shield? it has been brought to my attention that there is a lot of plastic remotley close to where the header will be... do i need to worry? any help would be much appreciated...
also... i heard that i might actually lose power by doing this.... due to the lack of back pressure... anyone else heard this???

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
you really shouldn't loose any power doing this i have seen many cases where a svt header gives a good torque gain as far as the plastic parts i don't know but i have heard that there is a ps line that you will end up going right buy that you are going to want to rap up with some exhaust rap or something along those lines the egr i have heard you can just remove that it will cause a cel but many have said that it doesn't affect the way the car runs o2 sensors you well check out this guys install for thathttp://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4290987965 good luck

·
Registered
5,580 Posts
yeah, talk 2 fisch. he's done it, in fact i think he is lookin 2 trade his setup 4 a shorty header b/c of changes 2 rules in his autox class

-Ult

1 - 3 of 3 Posts