Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 104 Posts

·
Registered
5,580 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ford Racing has announced that their svt headers will now come w/egr bungs prefabbed ready 4 retrofit 2 our cars. also any1 wanting to run their stock cat and flex section on their non-svt, mcnews already has their o2 wire extensions armed and ready 4 those, like me, who will now b runnin the stock svt header 2 stock cat and flex section.

they also have some other interesting tidbits that r online and in fab right now, but cant talk bout em right now. some of its 4 the head (which u'll all like) and another secret at the 'other end' of the equation. Stay Tuned.

oh btw, mcnews has figured out a 'backdoor' of sorts on rerouting the ps line and dipstick away from this header. it involves little time and effort, and no extra parts. hit em up 4 details...ask 4 john on that 1.

enjoy,

-Ult

[ 02-06-2003, 08:24 AM: Message edited by: UltegraSTI ]

·
Driver > Car
23,988 Posts
i think he meant stock SVT header and flex

·
Registered
411 Posts
What's the price point?

·
Registered
184 Posts
This is great news, I would really like to run SVT header with Cat and flexpipe.
Well, the selection of parts just became wider, and it's great. Also SVT header showed some pretty impressive gains on a ZX3, so hopefully even with a cat it would do better then the current shorty on a zx3. Also it is probably easy to put a high flow cat, like FC sells in such a setup.
Great news!!!
And the cost should be not that big, right!??
Well, just waiting for final details, pricing etc, and saving up.
Keep up the good work. Recently McNews is doing a lot for Focus aftermarket. Gotta give them a credit!!!! thanks for the news Ult!

·
Registered
184 Posts
Originally posted by Yel900rr:
We have a 2 1/2 " inlet outlet Random tech cat we are going ot test with the SVT header.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Great news Ray.
I just want to thank you for doing all this.
I suspect lot's of people would be very happy with such setup, and price should be competible.
it would be a long header (svt) +
random tech cat
results: healthy tq and hp increase +
less noise.
Win win situation + envirn. freindly
How long of wait for the parts?
any idea on the price?
I would be up for that combo!!
thanks

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
There has to be a catch. With the cat and EGR retained though, it shouldn't throw a CEL. Can it be too good to be true?

Could be a header in my sedan's future afterall...

·
Registered
5,580 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
no, there's no catch...its just funny how u all never consider this stuff b/c it is factory. u can put it all there in whateva combo u like, b/c there's a way 2 get 2 work regardless of what u pick and choose.

mcnews can already put a bung on a svt header if u cant wait, but prefabbed 1s r in production as of this post.

-Ult

·
Registered
5,580 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
4 the ps line. call mcnews and ask 4 john...he knows an easy way 2 move it and the dipstick outta harm's way. worked 2 perfection on their house car that did the FR head dyno work.

-Ult

·
Registered
5,580 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
oh, and 1 of the other surprises i mentioned is in those 2 'valve spring' threads below...

and 2 think svt parts were ignored 4 so long.

-Ult

·
Registered
5,580 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
on what setup? w/what behind it (cat, cheater pipe, what?)...and i think i know of what dyno u speak. recognize that the car was not tuned 2 the header. comparin 2 headers and not tuning them both 2 their potential and knowin that certain supportin cast parts will make 1 better over another and vice versa is unfair. ray and i had a discussion bout that. oh...and as far as it gettin spanked anyway, y do u all focus (no pun) on every last peak hp. those tq #s that car is puttin out r great, and theres more down the pipe in the next 2wks.

4 me, its quiet, i'm not cheatin/turnin stuff off, and i can tune around it, somethin that we cant do w/our cat w/o killin it. will i lose some outright hp and tq w/the stock svt cat setup, of course. its the same deal w/my bosal silencer. do u think i care if i lost 5-15hp when i'm goin 2 work? no. when i get 2 the track that stuff will come off, i'll run, then it'll b back on come work 2mrw. yeash people, most of us have 2 drive this car 5-7days/wk.

oh yeah, it doesnt crack.

-Ult

[ 02-06-2003, 08:36 PM: Message edited by: UltegraSTI ]

·
Registered
3,821 Posts
will there be a way to mount it in place with a cat with the existing flex/cat-back setup? i'd really like to keep my bosal flex in place. if i can run this header with a cat i'm very very interested.

Nate

1 - 20 of 104 Posts