Ford Focus Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I'm living in europe and driving on the left side of the road. I have a mk1 focus and I've ordered a set of SVT headlights for my car as I think they look the dog's b0ll0x!! I was just wondering, is there any difference between the Svt headlights and standard mk1 left hand drive headlights? I know their the same size and n'all but I was thinking maybe the headlight beam may be different?

ta

·
Registered
698 Posts
The beam is diffused strait in front evenly and not like the cutoff slanting beams of some that I had on my ZX3 that were made in Germany. These had a small 5w amber driving light in the housing (which I hooked up to the turn signal) but the North American SVT version does not. If you’re Focus has this type of wiring for a driving light somewhere, I imagine it will be a lost feature on the SVT version, but would work with the German make. Both are the same except the back plates, slanting European beam and the extra light in the German make.

I like the SVT/German (black) single reflector too. Clean and simple. The fraise “Dogs Bollox” and “ta” is something I haven’t heard for a while, since I moved back here from that part of the world a few years ago. Nice to see on the Jet here.

Oh yea, I should say that the German make had the beam cutoff for driving on the right side of the road and think the SVT beams will work fine on both I think, unless it needs to be a left drive cutoff to stay legal in your area.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts