Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Senior TEAM Member
4,821 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to the Bristol FFW this weekend and did a best MPH of 108.69 with not the best conditiond but she was flying

That makes my best times 13.400 @ 108.69

Where was every one

Going to try to install the intake in the next week or two and have it ready for Cordova IL FFW

Tom

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
Keep it up tom...nice to see an SVT Focus capable of those numbers!!!

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
Oh, and any chance you can start posting video of these runs?

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
Oh, and any chance you can start posting video of these runs?
Seriously...and was that at the 15psi and 290-something hp? More or less...

CCC

·
Registered
286 Posts
Impressive trap speed! I'd say once you get the launch sorted out, low-mid 12's should be available. Nice job!
~Dave

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
Any vids or pics??? Especially of that run!!!

CCC

·
Registered
12,749 Posts
Tom, how are you feeling about this transmission with that kind of torque???

·
Senior TEAM Member
4,821 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So far everything is well with the Tranny no problems at all we just have to keep pushing it to see where its limits are

Tom

·
Banned
147 Posts

But with Tom's kit, is it really an SVT Focus anymore? Isn't major engine work done to get those numbers? I.e., the Focus drag car is NOT a focus. It's a focus station wagon body, but that's it.

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
Well, I have to disagree. He is running all stock internals with full street trim. Is he not? That to me is an SVT. Since svt tuned this zetec with stonger internals and what not. I believe he is even using the stock intake mani. I agree on the focus drag car. But, tom is running just everything stock (internal). That to me is still an svt focus. Now if he were to use a different block and what not I would agree. But, as of now it is still an SVT with a Turbo set up on it.

·
Registered
751 Posts

But with Tom's kit, is it really an SVT Focus anymore? Isn't major engine work done to get those numbers? I.e., the Focus drag car is NOT a focus. It's a focus station wagon body, but that's it.
Sure its still an SVTF. Full interior, probably street tires, all stock internals, etc.

The only thing it has is clutch, lsd, turbo kit, and i think thats about it.

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
Yeah no joke. I thought that too till I started researching f/i options, and found that tom was running with this thing with stock internals, full street trim, and DOT tires!!

·
Registered
2,035 Posts

You may not realize he has his ZX3 which is built big time and then he has the SVT which he bought from I think the first guy he did the svtf turbo for. But maybe you did know he had both. Just clearing it up in case you didn't know. So the actual svtf is a true svt. However I think he changed the flywheel, clutch and differential or whatever it is called. Other than that I from everything I have read it is all stock motor.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Hmmmmmmmmmm limited slip is awesome. I should be going to tom's shop this time next year to get my svt turbo. Tom did you really need to upgrade the flywheel and clutch?

·
Registered
751 Posts

You may not realize he has his ZX3 which is built big time and then he has the SVT which he bought from I think the first guy he did the svtf turbo for. But maybe you did know he had both. Just clearing it up in case you didn't know. So the actual svtf is a true svt. However I think he changed the flywheel, clutch and differential or whatever it is called. Other than that I from everything I have read it is all stock motor.
Yea I know he still has the ZX3. I was just talking about the SVT

1 - 18 of 18 Posts