Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do you pay? Through what agency? Where do you live?

Thanks, I am just getting an idea of what to expect.

-Corey

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
Just over $3000 a year through Liberty Mutual!!! I'm 19 in Tallahassee, FL and if you're registered on the car you have to have your'e own insurance policy in FL, so I can't be covered under my 'rents...which blows...should have never put my name on the damn title!! You live and you learn!!! I gotta call Geico!!!

CCC

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
950 a year, 24 y/o no tickets, Warren MI and I'd recommend State Farm.

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Was about $2200 per yr because I recently totalled my stang. Before I was paying about $1400 per yr on the stang.

Got married and now pay about $1400 per yr for 100/300.

I am with nationwide.

·
INCREDIBLY SHRINKING POST COUNT!!! (PSST...Add 10K
6,259 Posts
I pay $77.02 per month roughly $925 a year with full coverage.Been with Allstate Insurance since 1988.Live in Florida.
Keep in mind though that insurance rates are based on age,sex,location,driving record,type of vehicle,etc.Best thing to do is shop out the best rate through several insurance companies first then make your choice.

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
950 a year, 24 y/o no tickets, Warren MI and I'd recommend State Farm.
What the funk... I'm the same as you, in Westland, and I pay like $1400 a year. Do you have a loan for the car? What kinda deductibles?

·
Registered
3,666 Posts
I pay 2200 a year with a perfect driving record...I'm 28 with a 500 deductable and live in New Jersey....which sucks when it comes to car insurance

·
Registered
83 Posts
i pay $2040 a year on my SVTF and $840 on my mustang i've had 3 tickets currently i have 3 points on my license. ohh i live in Tampa, FL and i have Progressive

if you're registered on the car you have to have your'e own insurance policy in FL, so I can't be covered under my 'rents
hell no man who told you that. everyone one of my cars were covered under my parents. and on all the cars the registration was in my name. same for my two brothers so in total we got like
2-1989 mustang lx 5.0
1987 mustang lx 5.0 convertable
2000 jeep grand cherokee limited v8
2002 nissan maxima se
2002 SVTF
and then all my parents cars but we all were covered under my parents.
was that just for a certain insurance company policy or are they bullshiting you

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
i pay $2040 a year on my SVTF and $840 on my mustang i've had 3 tickets currently i have 3 points on my license. ohh i live in Tampa, FL and i have Progressive

if you're registered on the car you have to have your'e own insurance policy in FL, so I can't be covered under my 'rents
hell no man who told you that. everyone one of my cars were covered under my parents. and on all the cars the registration was in my name. same for my two brothers so in total we got like
2-1989 mustang lx 5.0
1987 mustang lx 5.0 convertable
2000 jeep grand cherokee limited v8
2002 nissan maxima se
2002 SVTF
and then all my parents cars but we all were covered under my parents.
was that just for a certain insurance company policy or are they bullshiting you
Thanks man...I'll look into it!! I'm gonna make a new post somewhere for just FL drivers about this.

CCC

CCC

·
Registered
476 Posts
$1216 a year, 23 with a perfect record in North Carolina, have insurance with Central Insurance out of Ohio, $500 deductable on Collision

·
Registered
77 Posts
I am 20 years old, one ticket(Speeding), go through State Farm with a Military Discount and $500 deductable - $70/month.

·
Registered
10,752 Posts
The other day to just get some info i called Gieco to see how much it would cost me to insure a 2003 Mini Cooper S. They quoted me it would be $400 less per year and $60 less per month. Thats huge!

But then it got even better
Just screwing around i asked if there would be any change if i were to get a 2003 SVTF to replace my 02' and my insurance would go UP $40 per month. Has anybody else heard about insurance costing more on the 03's?

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Thameth,

It is more because they are brand new cars. Granted that doesn't make sense cause the cooper was less. But comparing the same cars, I have always found the newer yr car cost more to insure. Kinda stupid since nothing changed. But what can you do. That is part of the way they screw you over.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Here's some interesting stuff on insurance, including the top 10 cheapest cars to insure. Gee, out of all ten, I would drive........NONE! Guess that's why they are cheap to insure! The PT Cruiser is a bit of a surprise. Of course, they are only slightly more annoying than a small, yippy dog.

MSN

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
I don't understand why I can't get on my parents plan...I was told by Liberty Mutual:

"We are not able to put a vehicle registered to you on your parent's policy because they have no insurable interest in it. It is your vehicle and therefore, you would be the one to insure it and receive any reimbursement if it were to be totaled."

So let me know whats different b/t your plan and mine. I guess the car is solely registered in my name. Does that make a difference (it seems it does..but I'd love to call BS on Liberty Mutual). Thanks

CCC

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
CCC,

I'm not to much into insurance but I live in Florida and I stayed under my parents until I graduated college this year. I think we might of had progressive insurance, I don't know if different companies have different policies. But my car has always been in my name. Good luck at getting a better rate or getting it all straightened out. You should also be able to get some kind of student discount if your grades are ok.

Go Gators,

Andrew

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
CCC,

I'm not to much into insurance but I live in Florida and I stayed under my parents until I graduated college this year. I think we might of had progressive insurance, I don't know if different companies have different policies. But my car has always been in my name. Good luck at getting a better rate or getting it all straightened out. You should also be able to get some kind of student discount if your grades are ok.

Go Gators,

Andrew

So is your car registered solely in your name or both you and your rents??? B/C my name is the only name on teh registration and they're telling me that teh policy has to be written up in that persons name...so how are all you other young guys still under your rents???

CCC

CCC

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
I'm the same as you, in Westland, and I pay like $1400 a year. Do you have a loan for the car? What kinda deductibles?
Well, it helps that this is the 2nd vehicle I have in my name, plus I get a multiple policy discount due to my house.

State Farm doesn't jack up the rate of a second car if you're under 25. I have a 98 Dakota on the same policy and pay 1400 for that.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts