Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<font color="blue">I am thinking about other ways to put nitrous on my SVT without a window switch or blowing the car up. Has anyone taken the intake manifold off the car to see where the runners are located? I am not sure how they work so I am sorta guessing here but I was thinking about the possiblity of putting the injector in the manifold after the runners...depending on where they are located.

I have also tossed around the idea of using a zx3 manifold or something like that. Any comments are welcome. </font>

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
I would run direct port nitrous. Inject the nitrios and fuel at the rubber hoses where it connects the intake manifold to the head. Do it that way or use the nx nitrous system that injects it at the fuel injector. You will still need a windows switch to make sure the nitrous turns off and on correctly.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
<font color="blue">That is what I was thinking but I am not sure where the runners are located in the manifold. If they are further away from the head then I might do that. </font>

·
Registered
128 Posts
What are your concerns with the runners? I'm running a 55 Zex Wet kit on my SVT. The shop that has done all the work on my past 2 cars with NOS said it should be fine.

·
Registered
474 Posts
OR! I think NOS (Holley) came up with the direct port system that offers NO DRILLING. Basically, you remove the injectors, slide an adaptor in place (between rail and injector) that has nubs for fuel/ N20. Its direct port, with no drilling. Good Stuff. I cant recall if its NX or NOS that has this..maybe its both...

HERE!!

"Nitrous Express introduces the "NXL" nozzle with Integrated Rail Technology. This plug-and-play, direct-port nozzle system is available for four, six, and eight cylinder applications. There is no drilling required, no engine disassembly and no solenoids to mount. The entire nitrous system is self-contained in the high-flow fuel rail. Systems come complete with bottle, jetting, custom insulated ditribution lines, and all installation hardware. This hi-tech direct port system comes with a wiring harness for a true plug-and-play system. The NXL and rail only took NX technicians 30 minutes to install on our R&D Honda Civic and the NXL made an astounding 90hp at the wheels in stock form."

Says the whole set up is $1280.05

Hope this offers a new solution perhaps...or at least some help.

Ya know, you could always do a single nozzle wet system too...mount the nozzle after the MAS of course. The Housing on the SVT looks to be perfect for fitting a nozzle. Plus, its easy to buy a new one if you ever gid rid of the Nitrous (or have to go in for warrantee work, you could slap the 'untapped' housing in its place and remove the feed line). If you tap the manifold itself, to remove it, you have to get a manifold ($$$$), you cant just spot weld like on a metal manifold.

·
Registered
151 Posts
The NOS Noszle system is just what 02 Focus SVT said. Plugs into your injectors. Universal. It's like the NX kit above, but without the fuel rail and 300 bucks cheaper. They go for $994 at jegs.com. I also belive that the NX kit is only available for Honda's. Could be wrong though.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
<font color="blue"> I have thought about those kits and they are a good option.

The problems with the runners and a standard N2O kit is if you spray the car before the runners open, (6k RPM) you run the risk of the N2O puddling up in the runner....then when the runners open BOOOM! There was a guy down in GA a few weeks ago that blew his car up with the exact problem. I believe there was a post on the jet somewhere. People have gotten around this issue with a window switch but I want to be able to spray in the low RPM range instead of up high. </font>

·
Registered
132 Posts
$1280...if you want 50 extra HP, double that $$$ and get the JRSC, you'll have it all the time, you won't ever have to fill a bottle, or worry about other problems associated w/ nitrous such as blowing your motor
, but really, if a nitrous system is properly installed/used the motor should last just as long as it normally would. Just my .02

1 - 9 of 9 Posts