Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
698 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
SVT + JRSC + 3\" Pulley + Custom Tune = 227 HP & 177 TQ

All I can say is.....WOW!!!

This thing is totally amazing now! I’ve been through a few things and have learned a lot while getting to a level where it was worthy of posting.

I started out with the standard kit for the SVT and went with a mail order tune using the Diablo. I upgraded the MAFS and went to 42lb injectors because I figured that the black box would not give me the feeling of running safe over a long time.

The mail order tuning was really disappointing and managed to get the tune to an acceptable power level, but there were multiple drivability issues and came to a final conclusion.

Without a dyno and a tuner on site there would always be a question as to how much power was being made and how safe it was running. The shop that installed the kit recommended this guy in town and this is the first time he’s done a car like mine.

I put in the 3” pulley before the tune because I didn’t want to re tune it later as I was thinking about upping the boost later (yes, boost is addictive and I got hooked right away). With everything else upgraded except the pulley, I thought I’d go for it and make my own BBK.

The dip in the 5K range is hardly noticeable while driving but it is there and will be working on it in the coming week. You got to cut the guy some slack, this is his first crack at this kind of car. He almost works exclusively on V8 cars and trucks

List of mods:

M62 JRSC + 3" pulley
42lb Injectors
ProM MAFS with Custom 3" housing
FC TB
FC ORP
K&N cone filter

·
Registered
814 Posts
Re: SVT + JRSC + 3\" Pulley + Custom Tune = 227 HP & 177 TQ

Nice numbers! I had the same feling when i got my BBK installed.

·
Krunktronik Tuner Goblin
3,346 Posts

Congrats. What was the total cost of the project?

Please get rid of those [censored] ugly headlights.

·
Dyno Queen
7,859 Posts

nasty dip at 5k... deto?

·
Registered
1,198 Posts

that dip at 5000rpms is insane, dear lord...

·
Registered
698 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

nasty dip at 5k... deto?
Could be IMRC, but that's kinda extreme.
What is deto? And the IMRC has been disabled. He thinks it's the VCT and needs a little more time to work it out.

Does anyone have a dyno with approximately the same set up so I can compare the highs and lows?

Despite the dip at 5K the torque steer is surprising in 1st and 2nd over that point.

Very happy so far besides the dip. Drivability is outstanding in every way. Feels like a factory job.

·
Registered
4,271 Posts

Not to shabby
but that dip is something that needs to be checked into.

·
Registered
698 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

Deto = Detonation ( pinging )

I'd try the program with the IMRC back on and see how the graph looks, personally. Hmmm, you sure it's actually disabled?
The A/F is really good actually (have a chart for that) and the car sounds and drives really smooth.

There might be something to that IMRC. When I turn on the car and turn it over I can hear the servo activating. I've seen that part of the software and he showed me that it was set to zero.

Is there something else it should be set at? I find it hard to understand how that can affect this unless it's affecting the VCT some how.

I'm back next week to get the kink worked out but some suggestions would be nice in the mean time.

Anyone venture an educated guess.

·
Registered
698 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

Pulled 14.11 in the quarter and did a 6.8 with the 0-60.

I checked the figures multiple times before with the 3.6" pulley and my times have improved about a full second for both. I just started taking times and think they will improve as the tune gets worked out.

This is where I was thinking the car would proform to start with.

·
Banned
1,109 Posts

dyno

svt
jrsc m62
42lb injectors
3" pulley
stock maf

·
Registered
698 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

Do you have a higher rez that I can get? I can get the idea but it's hard to read.

That was with the stock MAFS? What was the count or the voltage on that?

Power looks nice and linear. What software was used to tune it?

Thanks Tekin

·
Banned
1,109 Posts

not my car, im just hosting the pic for a flocal friend. dont have a higher res pic. MAf count is under 1k, and diablo predator was used to tune it.

·
Driver > Car
23,988 Posts

the IMRC is defaulting to longer runners, IE, the actuator engages when you start it, and doesn't disengage. try setting it to click over around 4500 rpm to the short runners.

·
Registered
698 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

i'll see if i have a bigger pic of the dyno. if u pm me i'll send it 2 u.
PM sent

the IMRC is defaulting to longer runners, IE, the actuator engages when you start it, and doesn't disengage. try setting it to click over around 4500 rpm to the short runners.
How does this affect my power curve? With the new setup I would have expected the supercharger to add power without being effected by anything else if tuned for timing, A/F and all the other usual stuff. Why would setting the computer IMRC at a certain RPM change anything?

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,518 Posts

wtf, since when do people get that much HP and TQ outta a JRSC?????? i thought the highs were around 215, with a good bit of work. you only have the SC, and a 3" pulley, with a custom tune? wow...
Adamo
not being an [censored] or anything. just really suprised
Adamo

·
I change diapers now
14,444 Posts

Defaulting to longer runners?

He doesn't have longer/shorter runner, it's the JR intake mani.

wtf, since when do people get that much HP and TQ outta a JRSC?????? i thought the highs were around 215, with a good bit of work. you only have the SC, and a 3" pulley, with a custom tune? wow...
Adamo
not being an [censored] or anything. just really suprised
Adamo
It's an SVT M62, not Zetec M45

- Drew

1 - 20 of 26 Posts