Ford Focus Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
733 Posts
Finally Beat the typhoon and Syclone huh.....

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
Damn, that camera's got one helluva quick shutter speed.

·
Registered
747 Posts

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
And the Lightning is a hefty beast to, 4800lbs or so.

Jimmy, your sig, just a little problem. If you put student loan officers on expired visa holders theyd be gone in less than a day. Those people are evil i tell you.

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
They say 500/500 rated at the flywheel. No word on weight though. Im guessing low 13s since Dodge is basically building it to beat the L. What I have heard is that its going to be a heavy hit to the wallet, $40,000+ worth of a hit.

·
Registered
2,296 Posts
Finally Beat the typhoon and Syclone huh.....
Why the hell does everyone keep saying that? I never have seen anything that Sy/Ty were the fastest production truck, only that they were the quickest, which they still are.

I don't think you could have gotten a Sy/Ty to break 135, which the 99 SVT can do.

·
Registered
288 Posts
They say 500/500 rated at the flywheel. No word on weight though. Im guessing low 13s since Dodge is basically building it to beat the L. What I have heard is that its going to be a heavy hit to the wallet, $40,000+ worth of a hit.
I used to work near the chrysler probing grounds (
) and i see a few of these every time i go through Chelsea. They look bad ass; big hood scoop, huge 24" or so wheels rear spoiler.... I heard that the et. and accel and everything else though is still slower than the lightning (just a rumor no facts yet) and also that the hit to the wallet will be more in the neighborhood of 60+ grand... It IS a viper V-10 AND trans by the way...

·
Registered
176 Posts
I used to work near the chrysler probing grounds (
) and i see a few of these every time i go through Chelsea. They look bad ass; big hood scoop, huge 24" or so wheels rear spoiler.... I heard that the et. and accel and everything else though is still slower than the lightning (just a rumor no facts yet) and also that the hit to the wallet will be more in the neighborhood of 60+ grand... It IS a viper V-10 AND trans by the way...
If that is true, expect this truck to go the way of the Prowler relatively quickly. Why buy a $60,000 Dodge that can't even outrun an SVT for $32,000?

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
If that is true, expect this truck to go the way of the Prowler relatively quickly. Why buy a $60,000 Dodge that can't even outrun an SVT for $32,000?
I guess if you REALLY need a manual?

Its not going to have the bang for the buck the SRT-4 has, thats for sure.

·
Registered
95 Posts
my buddy was just looking at the Dodge, he was saying he went to Dodge.com and they are claiming that the new Dodge SRT10 will be the fastest production model on the road, Although it has yet to hit the market, or be tested against the Guiness Book record holding SVT Lightning....
Here are some clips from it.

"The Ram SRT-10's mayhem-making ability is delivered courtesy of the highest displacement engine in a factory pickup truck—the same 8.3-liter V-10 that powers America's ultimate sports car, the all-new 2003 Dodge Viper. The V-10's horsepower rating easily surpasses all other pickups – not to mention virtually every production sports car in the world."

"We set out to create the Viper of trucks and we delivered," said Jim Schroer, Executive Vice President – Global Sales and Marketing. "This is a unique truck – a low volume, over-the-top collectible that remakes the entire segment. In the performance truck segment, the Ram SRT-10 simply dominates the road – and proves once again that Dodge DNA runs true and deep."

"The numbers don't lie: the Dodge Ram SRT-10 is the most outrageous pickup ever. With 500 horsepower, 525 lb.-ft. of torque, 505 cubic inches and a 500-watt, ear-melting sound system, Dodge dominates in every category. Simply put, the 2004 Dodge Ram SRT-10 is the new performance truck icon."

"The Dodge Ram SRT-10 may be the first halo truck, but trust me, this truck is no angel," said Wolfgang Bernhard, Chief Operating Officer, Chrysler Group. "The Ram SRT-10 is true to the performance ideals that created the original Dodge Viper: keep it simple and make it fast."

"There is no replacement for displacement," added Bernhard, "The Ram SRT-10 delivers its astounding performance in a way that only Viper owners will recognize, with an endless rush of torque."

ex · cess n. 1. action or conduct that goes beyond the usual, reasonable or lawful limit.

Chicago, Ill., - If it's worth doing, it's worth overdoing. So only Dodge could create the boldest, baddest and fastest full-size pickup ever, the Viper-powered 2004 Dodge Ram SRT-10.

"Taking its rightful place as the ultimate performance pickup, the 2004 Dodge Ram SRT-10 brings a massive dose of Viper power to the performance pickup segment, with a class-demolishing 500 horsepower and 525 lb.-ft. of torque. Topping 150 mph in maximum speed and reaching 60 mph in approximately five seconds, Dodge has recalibrated all expectations for truck performance."

These have been clippings have been taken by www.dodge.com under ::everything dodge:: and then ::performance zone::

Damn, man I hope Ford has something up it's sleeve to in the 2005 SVT Lightning....

·
Registered
3,666 Posts
Damn, man I hope Ford has something up it's sleeve to in the 2005 SVT Lightning....
How does the Ford GT engine sound in a F-150?

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
How does the Ford GT engine sound in a F-150?
Well it making same power both 5.4 just the GT got a 4 valve head same with new Lightning.Both supercharged but the Lightning using a twin screw now not a heaton like the new GT
Different but close to the same

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
Lightning doesnt get a twin screw. M-112 Eaton, like the Cobras. Actually, maybe it does. Your speaking on the next Lightning I think?

·
Registered
5,446 Posts
confused, i thought the syclone/typhoon had a better 0-60 cuz of AWD, but has always been slower than the lightning in the quarter mile. I'm almost positive since i remember a COletti quote where he said that he'd give up certain other performance parameters but NEVER the quarter mile.

oh yeah, dodge's still suck. And they'd be idiots not to use the screw in the GT...in fact i'm almost positive they're using a screw. Eaton does make screw units which use the same case/body/whatever as their roots units.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts