Ford Focus Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wanting to know if anybody has lowered their svtf and what they used I tryed to search for it and could not find anything dont know if I didnt try hard enough, but if somebody has I would like to know if it helped and if they used the norm Eibachs for the focus or found some just for it. Thanks for the help !!

·
Registered
65 Posts
I am investigating this as well, I am looking at Progress springs or intrax as possible canidates..
I was told by tony d at new edge that zx3 springs will fit the svt but since the svt is slightly lower than the zx3 we will not get the full drop of the kit
hope this helps

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
The car is 3/4 of an inch lower than a stock ZX3

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
some have stated it is 1" lower. Either way the point is if you buy springs that suggest a lowering amount of 2" for the zx3, then the svt will only get 1"-1.5" lower. I was told it was 3/4" difference.

I have the progress srings which are rated for the zx3. I like them. The ride comfort is similar to stock but it gives the car a pretty good clean lowered look and isn't extreme. the spring rates aren't that high which keeps the ride fairly stock feeling. The intrax springs lower the car more and having higher spring rates which will give it a stiffer/harsher ride or however you want to describe it.

both very good springs. with the intrax since they are higher rate springs you will have to replace the stock dampers sooner than you would with the progress.

you may also want to search the suspension forum. I know I posted pics of mine there, but due to the server issues they have had, those threads may have been lost.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts