Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I already did a search and haven't really found that much.. So my question is, is it a direct bolt-in? If I have the PCM would it hook up to the regular ZX3's wiring harness, or would that have to be changed also (i.e. get an SVT wiring harness)? Lastly how would the VCT work is there more sensors and more crap to deal with.

More or less is this really worth trying to convert over I mean I would want do both SVT motor and tranny? Or is it just a giant headache waiting to happen...

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
the only people to have successfully done it are people who needed to replace an engine anyway (i think). and thats how i feel about it. too much work unless you already needed a new engine.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I know that you would likely have a LOT of work, but I plan to either swap in an SVT motor and 6 spd or a cosworth motor in a few yrs. It would be so worth it to have one of the few focus hybrids in the world would so be worth it. You would certainly have to have an SVT ECU, and possibly may have to convert your brakes over to SVT because of ABS issues. I had hoped to see many more threads on this topic than I have, but oh well, go for it !!!!

·
Registered
329 Posts
ive done the swap. I dont know of anyone else that has done it, so I dont know where all these opinions come from. If anyone else has done it other than me, please email me, we should compair notes, haha

·
Registered
745 Posts
boost did you keep the mtx or did you swap in the getrag?

-edit- spelling

[ 02-26-2003, 04:21 PM: Message edited by: iamgod ]

·
Registered
329 Posts
I kept the MTX75....depends what you want...1/4 mile acceleration...I say go with the mtx75, if you want highway, go with the getrag....but who the hell cares about highway anyway, maybe its better for autocross???I dunno, but I stuck with the mtx75 for 1/4 mile, thats all I care about.

·
Registered
767 Posts
Originally posted by boost til' bust:
ive done the swap. I dont know of anyone else that has done it, so I dont know where all these opinions come from. If anyone else has done it other than me, please email me, we should compair notes, haha
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Well lets see some pics of that!!!

ed.

·
Registered
838 Posts
to make a lot of power n/a most of the goodies would be gone anyway like the intake manifold and the variable cams replaced with a stage three

although the factory forged internals are nice after market units are stronger.

you could build the hell out of a zetec for the price of.
motor
trans
ecu
labor and all the other extras
even more costly if you have an auto now

if you do it swap it into a wagon

1 - 9 of 9 Posts