Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I cannot have something that hangs low in the car, so I thought a SVT or Iceman intake would perform the best in my situation. Which is better for the money/performance? Thanks.

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
When you mention the SVT do you mean the whole intake from the SVT or just the snorkel??? The Iceman is really not that expenisive. www.newedgeperformance.com sells the Iceman for $209.00 on sale right now. Now on the other hand if I remember correctly someone was saying that the entire intake from the SVT is something like $300.00 or so. Go w/ the Volant, alot better IMHO.

Volant:part number and price: 19420C $249.95

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Shows you how much I know. I've never even heard of Volant in the past year I've been researching Focus parts. I have an AEM CAI now, but with the type of racing I want to do, I can't have something that low. Where can I see the Volant, either website or store. Thanks.

- Matt

·
I change diapers now
14,444 Posts
Contact Tony D.

www.newedgeperformance.com

He carries the Volant.

And some of, if not the, best customer service around!

- Drew

[ 10-06-2002, 02:16 PM: Message edited by: focusownerskid ]

·
Registered
384 Posts
The SVT snorkel can be purchased for like $30.00 if I remember correct. Its alittle bit bigger then the Iceman's but I don't know how much power difference there could be, not much I'm sure. You can always find a good Iceman on sell either on focaljet,club-focus.net or ebay. I have the Iceman and love it, lots of low end power. Volant is a good setup or you can wait for the Focus Central Intake which is going to be identical to the volant, but who knows when it will be out.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Modernperformance.com has both the volant and the iceman. They are great guys and have the best customer serivce in the business in my opinion.

[ 10-06-2002, 02:19 PM: Message edited by: mcs7865 ]

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I've talked to Tony D. a few times. He's a great guy. We never spoke of the VOlant though. I've never even noticed it on his site. I guess that shows you how much tunnel vision I had for the AEM. Volant, here I come! Thanks guys. You've been a great help.

- Matt

·
Registered
210 Posts
The SVT snorkle would be a really good low cost mod. I dont think you could tell the difference between It and the Iceman performance wise. You can also add a second snorkle to the resonator hole for $3.00

[ 10-06-2002, 05:46 PM: Message edited by: bugshack ]

·
Banned
17,312 Posts
I'd recommend the Volant or the k&n FIPK WITH the SVT snorkel.
Both the Volant AND the FIPK can be easily modified to accomodate the larger SVT Snorkel. W/ my k&n, We Dremeled out the hole in the bottom of the heat-shield, and used a piece of Speaker-port tube as a junction to a heated and rounded tip from the snorkel.
I'm sure the process would be Identical for the Volant, and I'm thinking the Volant MAY have a better heat-shielding, for the 1/2 HP that it's probably worth.

·
Registered
3,350 Posts
I have an Iceman (with the side snorkle that replaces the airbox resonator) and like it just fine. Nice intake sound w/o being obnoxious, better throttle response than stock, and in black it looks like an O.E. part--which is why I did not get something else...

·
Registered
436 Posts
Originally posted by MichaelXi:
I'd recommend the Volant or the k&n FIPK WITH the SVT snorkel.
Both the Volant AND the FIPK can be easily modified to accomodate the larger SVT Snorkel. W/ my k&n, We Dremeled out the hole in the bottom of the heat-shield, and used a piece of Speaker-port tube as a junction to a heated and rounded tip from the snorkel.
I'm sure the process would be Identical for the Volant, and I'm thinking the Volant MAY have a better heat-shielding, for the 1/2 HP that it's probably worth.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Also do a search on the Volant, I know I posted an alternative mod to accept the SVT snorkel that doesn't require any cutting, and I believe there was at least one other posted in the same thread.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts