Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I getting a another focus in a month but I'm still not fo sure what to get. I have a 2001 ZX3 auto and its not worth the time fixing up an auto so I need another car. We all know about the SVT but so think it worth the price? Do you think the new 2.3L will have enough parts coming out for it?
What do you think?

·
Registered
3,248 Posts
I would opt for the 2.3, by the time you get it broke in there might be some performance goodies available. I don't think it will be too long before there are several people making performance items for this engine.

·
Registered
481 Posts
between Ford and Mazda, the 2.3L is going to have a boat load of goodies for it. Nobody has stated what the next SVT will be running??? A 2.3L??? If SVT goes that route, you will have a lot better choice in upgrades. If you buy ANY Z-Tec 2.0L you are buying a dead horse as far as future mods being designed and released.
Good Luck

·
Don't Call Me Gaga!
30,267 Posts
That's a tough call... It depends on what you want in a car. If you like a car that is great out of the box, has some excellent luxury amenities, and looks great bone stock, then the SVT is an excellent choice.

For me, I want power and lightweight, which makes a base model 2.3L ZX3 in Twilight blue with a Dark Graphite interior the perfect car for me. I can make it handle any way I want with parts, and it already has a 200-300lbs weight advantage... Critical for my kind of car.

Both have their strong points... Maybe go take a look and see which suits you better.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts