·
Registered
8,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
quick results...too tired to talk now

Tested on naders car....vs 4-2-1

4-2-1 made 173whp
SVT header made 167whp

Not exactly sure why...too big? Not tuned for that sort of package? Tuned specifically for the SVT?

Although it was quieter, since its MUCH thicker, and heavier too...u guys better make brackets

Lost a bit more WHP on the red race car so maybe its not the best for all out NA cars...who knows...

I will test it also vs the FC which i already tested, and the new FS 4-1 i will be getting soon....

More to come...

at this NA power, we need a bigger manifold...

[ 10-17-2002, 01:20 AM: Message edited by: nazthug ]

·
Banned
487 Posts
well i was telling tuan if svt only pushed out 145 on a dyno how could you get some huge gains with the svt header naz you have 166 your above the svt right now ehehe why go lower wait till they make an svt perfomance header then think about switching ehehehe your still awsome bro

·
Super Moderator
12,435 Posts
But doesn't Nader have a ZX3???
I know that they fit the Z but why test a SVT race header on the Z and then compare the 2???

Not starting **** just asking a question.

·
Banned
487 Posts
yah yah thanx dev just what i was wondering. yo dev sup dawg what have you been doing bro i have not heard for you for decades now ehehe. hey dev maybe you can answer my thread about the torque pressure.

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Originally posted by zx3ford:
I know that they fit the Z but why test a SVT race header on the Z and then compare the 2???

<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Im not understanding what your asking?

·
Super Moderator
12,435 Posts
Originally posted by FocusOnMyZeTec:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Originally posted by zx3ford:

</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">They tested the SVT race header on the zx3. Why would they expect gains on it compared to a header that was made specifically for the Z? Is that easier to understand?

·
Banned
487 Posts
thats my dawg yah now thats what im talking about go devon go devon its your birthday go head

·
Registered
164 Posts
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Originally posted by FocusOnMyZeTec:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Originally posted by zx3ford:

</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">They tested the SVT race header on the zx3. Why would they expect gains on it compared to a header that was made specifically for the Z? Is that easier to understand?
</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Because the SVT header has 1.75" primaries with a 2.5" collector. Just goes to show you bigger is not always better.

·
Registered
8,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
uhm...come on dev...R U SLEEPING?

Have you missed the whole SVT header craze and how its the bomb digity header?

So they decided to try and test it on a focus...the first people to do so just for the hell of it, and see what it does, so people know what to expect, when selecting hte SVT header over a race header designed specifically for the car, like the FS or FC header...

Thats all...come on guys...think...please.

Everyone wanted to know how it does against a race header, since its big, its got cool bends and all

ALthough the cool thing about it is that it quiets the engine down, makes it sound smoother...guess its the design and thickness

·
Banned
487 Posts
And there it is folks question answered war over eheheheh the end ....

·
Super Moderator
12,435 Posts
Thanks for the answer guys. Naz I know about the craze but I kinda figured that they SVT race header would be too much.

·
Super Moderator
12,435 Posts
Originally posted by FocallyDistorted:
So what about putting say a FC race header on an SVT, will it work?
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I think that it would choke the svt.

·
Registered
8,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Originally posted by FocallyDistorted:
So what about putting say a FC race header on an SVT, will it work?
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I think that it would choke the svt.</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">ok, thats it...dev...WTF ARE YOU SMOKING?????????????

Do the math man, i know even you can add...

SVT makes about 145whp

Nader is making 173whp
I am making 166whp

HOW IS THE header we are using, which gives more hp than the SVT, choke the SVT?

And how can the svt header be good for the svt and be too big on our cars??

Do you see what im getting at? Im a bit surprised at your math man...u must be sleeping...i dont blame u i guesss

·
Registered
8,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
BUT as far as the results...im not sure what to say or think...they are just tests and results...

It is what it is...Im not sure why the SVT lost power....maybe the design is specific to how the svt acts....i know it cant be too big...

Because it lost EVEN more power on the red race car, that uses 2" header, 4-1....so go figure...

The funny thing is that it lost torque too...youd think the desing was for torque...hmm...

On the other hand..the yellowbird hit 150ft/lb of torque

again, i think the first NA car to hit 150ft/lb of torque at the wheel....

I may be seeing a set of stage 3's in the very near future,,,,they peaked out at 6600rpm too..kinda weird, but we concluded that the only thing holding it back is the INTAKE MANIFOLD

NO matter what cams, exhuast, head people run, everyones numbers tapper off at about 6500-6600rpm

·
Banned
487 Posts
ok the issues concerning the switch of a fc header to a svt gains yah. why because its called vice versa but dev bro is right just might flood it with more than it could handle .but maybe not ehehe .i think there would be great gains shshshs. svt just has polished and ported wider heads cams ehehe not saying anything pistons differ and thats all. that gives it those gains nothing naz and nader aint already got.

·
Super Moderator
12,435 Posts
Okay man. I was referring to the SVT raceheader and the FC race header on an SVT. That's what I meant. I guess I should have been clearer.

·
Registered
371 Posts
This sucks!
Is this with the full SVT header, cat, flexpipe or with just the header and FC cat elimination pipe? Can we see the dyno graph?

·
Registered
2,089 Posts
Okay man. I was referring to the SVT raceheader and the FC race header on an SVT. That's what I meant. I guess I should have been clearer.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">But, as Naz said, the SVT header on the SVT that has 145whp, LOOSES power on a ZX3 with 170whp.

which would MEAN that the FC race header IS BETTER, FLOWS MORE, then the SVT header.

I mean, it's pretty clear.

One thing I want to know, did you tune the cam gears with the SVT header on there? There might be some power to gain from tunning the cam gears at differenct settings then the FC race.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts