Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Go into Brandon Ford to setup an appointment for some warranty & maintenance stuff. I ask for a loaner when I drop off the car tomorrow morning. Lady states they do not offer loaners. However, if I want a loaner, Enterprise has a person on site to rent me a vehicle at my cost.

WTF? When I had the '00 ZX3 I received a rental EVERYTIME it went in for service (and that was often). I was under the impression SVT owners were guaranteed a loaner if the car is in for service for the day. Is this true?

·
Registered
937 Posts
They provide you with a free loaner ONLY if the car is going to be kept overnight. You could probably bitch and moan, and depending how their serv. dept. is, they might just give in. But it's likely they'll make your life miserable and stick in some POS.

·
Registered
217 Posts
SVT owners are considered to have an extra service plan, which includes Loaner vehicle. I've never been turned down on getting a loaner.

When they don't have a car there, they get me one from enterprise, at no charge. (although if you buy the damage protection insurance , that is billed to you.)

When they pull your warranty status at the beginning of each visit, its written right at the top about vehicle loaners and wash/vacuum service. Not on your copy, the one the service writer looks at.

·
INCREDIBLY SHRINKING POST COUNT!!! (PSST...Add 10K
6,259 Posts
It is also listed right in the SVT Owner's Guide Supplement
Note:page 3 for 2002 might be a different page for newer years.
"SVT Premium Service:Owners and lessees of (model year mine says for 2002 since that was the year of my SVTF)SVT vehicles will be provided with a complimentary loaner vehicle when their(model year)SVT vehicle is in for service(including warranty work and routine maintenance,other than oil change).The dealership will also wash and vacuum the customer's vehicle,unless requested otherwise."
Some dealerships require a minimum age for a loaner vehicle so keep that in mind.I hope that helps you some and good luck.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Being an enterprise manager in orlando and svtf owner I've learned ALOT about service programs. One, svt states loaner vehicles for service work, so to get one you need to ask for one. some service departments are asked to keep their loaner service to a "as needed only" policy since it can be a huge expense for the dealership if they gave out a car to everyone.

Nowadays, people expect to get a loaner car for service work period, and many people switch to dealerships that will give out a loaner without putting up a fight. So, look around and find a good dealer that's not goin' be cheap.

At my office, our dealer rate is $24/day to our ford dealer. And if the problem is under warranty, ford actually reimburses the dealer for the cost. so when you ask for a loaner for the day, don't feel bad, and don't take no as an answer!

P.S-if you buy the damage waiver on our cars (usually $10-$13) you really can drive it like you stole it

·
Registered
168 Posts
I was only 20 when I bought my car (21 now) and they tried to tell me I couldnt get a loaner. So I took my warranty book thing and slammed it on the desk and told them to read it and then tell me I couldnt get a loaner and if they werent going to treat me like they would if I were 20 years older then they could take their f-in car back on I would buy the Ion Redline down the road. They got a car for me to drive and have been cool ever since. Try being a dick, it should work... if it doesnt then go somewhere else.

·
Banned
1,122 Posts
I don't go to dealers unless its free work (warranteed). They're just a major pain in the ass, always.. and MESS EVERYTHING UP!!

·
Registered
281 Posts
I bought my car at Autoway Ford on US19, I've been there twice for service and they always give me a loaner from Enterprise, free with no problems(always a damn Explorer).

·
Registered
423 Posts
The only time my SVT was in for warranty service, SVT provided me with $30/day thru Enterprise.

That turned into getting a $29.99/day Nissan VAN. I'd been happy with a Daewoo (yes, really). A hatchback would have meant Enterprise woudl have lost out on the difference.

Friggin' van. Phhht. Free is free I guess.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I talked to the folks at svt and they said if the dealership says they don't provide loaners to let them know that svt requires it and to give you a rental and svt will reimburse the dealership. I had nothing but problems with my dealership until I told them that. Since then it has been easy for the most part.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I (almost) always received a loaner. It usually required some planning. Schedule an appointment and make sure you specify you want a loaner - ask them to refer to the SVT guide.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts