Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to be purchasing a short ram intake soon and had an idea. Wouldn't using the SVT or Iceman snorkle get a lot more cool air into the area where the cone filter of a short ram would rest? Ultimately I would get the Volant or a true CAI but I ain't made of money so please don't tell me to get either of them. I would think that the SVT and short ram would be a potent combo, what do you think?

·
Registered
6,296 Posts
dude, i know you specifically said to not to mention this, but if i were you i would save up a bit more and get a Volant. its only $50 more, and the gains are muuuuuuuch better than a hot-air intake.

but given your idea though, yes i would say do the SVT snorkle if you get a short-ram.

even better: get the FS CoolFlo intake, match it up with the SVT snorkel, because the FS CoolFlo actually has some degree of protection to it.

but i mean when you buy the SVT snorkel and a short-ram, you're already almost at the price of a Volant.

[ 09-07-2002: Message edited by: Jared ]</p>

·
Banned
17,312 Posts
I'm doing the k&n FIPK, which I already have, w/ a combo of the SVT snorkel AND the stock snorkel(Re-Routed).
I've got a thread about it somewhere in the last 15-20 days.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Even though you did exactly what I asked you not to do, that was a good reply.
The FS CoolFlo does look promising, but how much can that heat shield actually do? I guess I would like to match up the SVT with some sort of short ram, whether it be AEM, Steeda, or FS. Personally, I think it would work out quite well. But thanks for the reply, I really would like to scrape up the cash and get a true CAI.

·
Banned
17,312 Posts
The k&n FIPK is a "Plastic-Tubed" short-ram w/ heat-shield.
I'm working on my own cold-air set-up, using the combo of the 2 snorkels.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts