Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those of you that have installed the SVT springs and dampers on your ZX3, how did you get your hands on them? I called every Ford dealer in Milwaukee and they kept referring to the Motorcraft catalog for aftermarket parts, even after I explained to them that I was looking for the OEM springs and dampers for the SVT not an aftermarket part.

·
Registered
641 Posts
Let me post the part numbers again. Basically you need to contact fordparts.com. I decided to go for Eibach dampers and Apex spring, though.

SHOCKS:
---------

AST-42 (front left)
AST-38 (front right)
AST- 39 (rears) x2

SPRINGS:
---------

2M5Z-5B669-AA REAR COIL SPRINGS x 2
2M5Z-5310-AA Front Springs x2

Bumpstop (Optional):
---------------------
2M5Z.3020.AA FRONT STRUT BUMP STOP x2

=dRe=

·
Registered
518 Posts
For those of you that have installed the SVT springs and dampers on your ZX3, how did you get your hands on them? I called every Ford dealer in Milwaukee and they kept referring to the Motorcraft catalog for aftermarket parts, even after I explained to them that I was looking for the OEM springs and dampers for the SVT not an aftermarket part.
I just went to my ford dealer with all the part numbers and had them order them in for me. It wasn't even an SVT dealer, just a regular one. I don't know why they are giving you a hard time and not ordering them. Perhaps if you put money up front they would do it. OR Just go to the parts counter with the part numbers and TELL them to order the stuff in for you. Some dealers are so
. You would think that they would like to sell some parts wouldn't ya

·
Registered
518 Posts
I've been interested in the SVT springs for quite some time. I had a few questions.

#1 Do the stock SVT springs have an overall drop over stock ZX3 springs?

#2 What are Bumpstops?
Buddy, I don't mean this to be a jerk but seriously, why don't you start your own thread instead of hijacking this one.

·
Banned
17,312 Posts
I dunno, but I don't think he's being a jerk...
Yes, there's about a 3/4" Drop.
Bumpstops aka "Jounce Bumpers" go on the shaft of the front struts, and prevent complete compression of the front suspension, so that you don't completely bottom out.
They ARE quite Firm, However, so you don't want to get into them in a corner.
The SVT Bumpstops are Shorter than the standard ones, so they don't make contact as quickly.
I recommend including them w/ the Swap. They're cheap, and the Benefits are primarily Safety-Related.
The Swap is a Nice, Streetable Improvement over Standard, and for the cost, can't be beaten for a road-going car looking for a little more confidence in the Twisties.

·
Registered
518 Posts
I dunno, but I don't think he's being a jerk...
I think you're confused, for the record, I wasn't calling him a jerk, I said that I didn't mean to sound like a jerk.... I'll shut up now because I'm starting to sound like a jerk.

·
Banned
17,312 Posts

All Good...

·
I Now Post Stupid ****
3,495 Posts
Buddy, I don't mean this to be a jerk but seriously, why don't you start your own thread instead of hijacking this one.
I didn't mean to hijack your thread. Sorry. I thought that someone else would come in with an answer to your question and could at the same time give an answer to mine. Plus aHa kinda had an answer. I don't consider that hijacking anyways. Now if I asked about something TOTALLY different and then the topic shifted towards my question then yes I think that'd be hijacking and I would call myself a jerk.

Thanks for the explanation Mike. I'll lay low.

·
Registered
3,350 Posts
Let's get back on track, shall we
. Imenraged, Call me at Hiller (Erik--new sales). I will get you set up--good prices too! I am working after 2 pm on Wednesday and all day Thursday 9-9.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts