Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
I'll Buy YOUR car for $10,000!!!
3,602 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently installed my SVT suspension, and absolutely love it. I am planning on purchasing some eibach anti-sway bars (22mm front/25mm back) Does anyone have any experiance with this set up?

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
No personal experience, but that sounds like the ultimate street setup - just enough spring and shock to keep things under control and deliver a great ride, while putting the sway bars to use keeping roll in check and give it the ability to rotate at will.

It will likely oversteer much easier than before, FYI.

·
Registered
233 Posts
I would check the threads on this setup first. There have been complaints about the front swaybar being a pita to install and also some sliding around of the bar making it noisy. Just check it out first.You may opt to just put a 22mm bar on the rear only.

·
Registered
4,604 Posts
If it was me, I would just put the 25mm (1") in the rear, or just buy a 24mm or 25mm rear bar for less money.

The front bar is a pain to change. With a OEM front bar and a 24 or 25mm rear bar. The car will rotate in the turns very well.

If you want to install the front bar you should also have a nice handling car. But, if you really want to rotate in the turns, just add the rear bar only.

·
I have wonderous butt cheeks
8,054 Posts
Quick question. When you guys say "rotate" in the turns, what exactly do you mean? Are you talking about the back end coming around (either in a control or not) or what? I've heard this alot, but never quite been sure what is meant by it.

·
Registered
4,604 Posts
Rotate means the car rotates about the cars center of gravity or axis.

A good rotate would mean rotating the center of gravity without loosing too much grip in the rear wheels.

Bad rotation would mean loosing ALL grip of the rear wheels (unless you're a drifter or spring car driver).

·
3,602 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I would check the threads on this setup first. There have been complaints about the front swaybar being a pita to install and also some sliding around of the bar making it noisy. Just check it out first.You may opt to just put a 22mm bar on the rear only.
Im not worried about installing it, I will have one of my mechanics at work do it (my employee discount is great
)

·
Registered
104 Posts
lol, he'll hate you

·
3,602 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
lol, he'll hate you
He already does, he has done the majority of the dirty work on my car already..just wait till he has to put the cams in

1 - 9 of 9 Posts