Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was planning of purchasing the svt suspension kit from ford racing parts for my 05 foci st, but i dont if i should go with that set up or look for some sport spring, what setup do you guys recommend, im in a tight budget since im a student,but i have enough for a nice setup.

·
Registered
803 Posts
If you're a student I would get an SVT susp. set-up and use whatever leftover money you have to buy an intake or save for an exhaust..

·
Registered
470 Posts
I just had a conversation with Walter Marcy about his today amoung other things. He has driven all the suspensions and alot of mix and matching of suspension kits. The way he put it is, the SVT is good, but your still using a stock suspension just for "sportier" car. He leaned towards the H & R cup kit. It will lower your car dramatially but is worth it for the handling you will gain.

All in all, it's your car, and you may have a special perference for your handling and how you want it. Also remember you will only be lowered about .5 inches with the SVT.

·
Registered
8,101 Posts
In my opinion, the SVT is king for low-budget performance. If you want a car that handles awesome, but don't have a lot of cash, there's no better choice. Most of the "sport" springs are all show, no handling. They're fine if you really want the low look, but they're not the best if you want to improve your handling.

The "best of both worlds" setups, like the H&R Cup Kit, H&R Race Springs/Konis, and coilovers, are without a doubt the best option if you want a car to look and perform well. However, they're all pretty expensive.

Technically, this belongs in the suspension forum.

·
Registered
444 Posts
I cant comment on the other kits, but I have the SVT Suspension on my ZX3 and it handles really nice. Major improvment over the stock suspension. For the 275 price tag, its tough to beat. Call up Tony at New Edge and order it. As you can see by my sig I got the P51 Shims too, I put those in at the same time. Good luck to ya.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts