Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just popping in some data on some fairly accurate calculators and with a 3.0 L pushing 300 horse at the wheels weighing in at 2650 pounds with driver and car... your talking 12 flat.. ofcourse thats a "perfect run with no wheel spin" Thats an incredible time.. with a super pushing it into the 500 at wheel range your talking 10 second car not far away since the S/C brings you to 400 without an intercooler.. just add NAWS
... just damn wow... Talk about hauling ass... even at just the stock swap in with a good traction setup your talking about 13.5 with 200 at the wheels... Turbos are great and everything but nothing can compare to raw Supercharged/ N/A power. ofcourse I need a more accurate calculator to make sure but id say all those estimates are good to atleast the +.5 side of things.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Originally posted by Travis:
I was just popping in some data on some fairly accurate calculators and with a 3.0 L pushing 300 horse at the wheels weighing in at 2650 pounds with driver and car... your talking 12 flat.. ofcourse thats a "perfect run with no wheel spin" Thats an incredible time.. with a super pushing it into the 500 at wheel range your talking 10 second car not far away since the S/C brings you to 400 without an intercooler.. just add NAWS
... just damn wow... Talk about hauling ass... even at just the stock swap in with a good traction setup your talking about 13.5 with 200 at the wheels... Turbos are great and everything but nothing can compare to raw Supercharged/ N/A power. ofcourse I need a more accurate calculator to make sure but id say all those estimates are good to atleast the +.5 side of things.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Sounds like car test to me....

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The calculators i use are actaully recommended by professional drag racers they are a sliding rule plastic calculator... they dont account for alot of things such as gearing aero drag and so forth but its just a basic rule. It would be logrithmically farther off as the time got lower and lower but still.. That sounds really impressive and i seriously dont think a swap like this would smack you for more then 2 grand..

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
And just to reiterate! THOSE FIGURES ARE NOT SUPPOSED TO BE ACCURATE!!! I dont feel like fighting a flame war
It merely shows potential in the 3.0L swap.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts