Ford Focus Forum banner

SVT Throttle Body Porting

31K views 198 replies 76 participants last post by  AJS 
#1 · (Edited)
I am thinking of having an service where I port svt throttle bodies. You will have to send in your working stock one and in return you will get one of two options. One where you get a basic port job which removes the lip inside the throttle body, or the stage two process which increases the inside diameter by about 2mm and includes a billet throttle plate that is flat and the screws are ground down for smooth flow. I have included some pics of the stage two process which is quite an improvment over stock. Please email or pm me for pricing.

Due to the overwhelming responses on the ported tb's please send all inquiries to: Porting@svtsalvage.com

Thank You.

See less See more
#3 ·
PM Sent.

#7 ·
would you be willing to sell just the TB plate by itself? that would be a better deal since i already have mine ported.

#10 ·
Our throttle plate would not work on a stock (ported) TB. The TP needs to seal of the throat. Our TP is oversized due to our slight overbore all the way through the TB. If you tried to use the oversized TP it wouldn't seal and you would get a high hanging idle. The enlarged bore/oversize TP and shaved bolt ends are the difference in the stage one and stage two.
First stage one sent out!

#11 ·
Confused...send you a stock body and $100 and you send back a Stage 2? Hows the core charge thingy work? Oh yeah...and what are we looking at for turnaround, noting how we won't have a TB.

CCC

#14 ·
SRF, will you be attending jetfest? If so, I would love to trade you for a finished stage 2 TB for my stocker plus whatever costs ($100 I'm assuming) are involved. I will bring any tools necessary to perform the swap.0 Let me know what you think. Thanks, Nate.

#15 ·
We finalized the stage II today, real nice improvement.

Just a reminder that's the 2mm overbore and new throttle plate.
Price is $165, and you get $50 refunded when you return your useable core. That brakes down to $100 for machine work and $15 for shipping. I'll include a 30 day money back guarantee- I'm that confident you will love it!

Stage I, which you would think would be easier is actually not and is still in the works.

#18 ·
Dan:

I have had my throttle body ported and the car is running fine, although cold idle is a bit up and down and off idle startup requires a little more gas now. WOT response is nice.

Do you think going to your bored out TB with the new throttle body will add any noticeable benefit? Are we talking about like 1 or 2 HP and ft.-lbs. of TQ?

Also, would you take an already ported and working throttle body as a core in return?
I can only take a unmodified stock throttle body with tps sensor for a core. I can only ensure a quality piece if I know it's composition. Using good epoxy and ensuring a smooth bore is critical. Someone may have mixed incorrectly or ground past our overbore. Sorry I know this will effect sales but it protects those that choose to do it. Worst case senerio buy it outright and do not return a core. It's still much cheaper than the competition. Plus it's a undetectable mod for those looking for an edge.

As far as performance gains, it is probably in the 2+ hp and 2-3+ torque range. The difference in throttle response is going to be the most noticeable when going from closed to part throttle with the hp gains being in the wot range.

Please pm me your address, I can send you a brand new in the box TB for a stage 2. Do you need the TPS with is as well?

Nick

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.