Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is the SVT throttle body compatible with the zetec engine? A guy I know has one that he doesn't need and he offered it to me... Has anyone tried this yet? Thanks!

·
Inheritly Sinister
12,926 Posts
Pretty sure not. The orientation of cables is all wrong.

Do a search to double check.

EDIT: Okay, I did a search out of boredom.

OK we tried the throotle body today and it DOES NOT fit the stock Zetec manifold..3 reasons why. Number 1: The way the throttle body lines up with the manifold..On the stock Zetec it is Tapered and on the SVT it is Square..Number 2 There is a little runner that helps with IDLE when the throttle body is not open this part is always open so it doesnt cut off all the air to the motor.it is on the opposite side so they dont line up..Number 3. The TP Sensor faces Down on the stock and up on the SVT...Now if you bought this throttle body and you still want to use it..You can wait for the Dual Stage Intake Manifold to come out...I checked today and it says that there is none released yet but as soon as they are I will let you all know...It is platic but its a different kind of plastic then the stock one..I did compare the two today side by side and the SVT 66mm one looks HUGE compared to the stock one
MadDawg-Zx3
Team Norcal
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">

[ 10-08-2002, 08:31 PM: Message edited by: Egz ]

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cool, thanks, I may pick it up and keep it around just in case something comes up where I may be able to use it, or if someone needs it...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts