Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My friend with a SVTnone jet member)has a new fly wheel and clutch put in recently. The problem begain before he even had the work done but after he had the work done the problem seamed to get worse. here is the problem. when ever he gets on his car and shifts into 2'nd gear it doesn seam to go into 2'nd gear.. now remember this happenes either on or before the rev limiter. but when he does he cant seam to get it into 2'nd, but when he is daily driving it and not on the throttle 100% it works perfectly fine.. were not exactly of what could be the problem but ever since the clutch and flywheel..he believes the problem got worse.

ne ideas?

Andrew

·
Registered
163 Posts
I've never experienced this problem with my SVT. Try posting this in the SVT section -you might get a better response.

·
I change diapers now
14,444 Posts
Clutch? What clutch does he have, as far as I know nobody has fully developed a clutch for the SVTF yet.

Belacyrf has a FS LWFW and Quaife LSD and I don't believe he has the 2nd gear problem.

Try and get your friend on the 'Jet, maybe he could explain it in more detail.

- Drew

[ 10-24-2002, 06:26 AM: Message edited by: focusownerskid ]

·
Registered
12,749 Posts
I'm just guessing here, but I "thought" I was the only one with the FS aluminum flywheel, so did your friend get his DMFW lightened??? or did someone make him a custom LW flywheel? And NO there are no aftermarket clutches available for the SVT yet. Clutchmasters is working on one, but none yet. Is your friend using a clutch kit from the regular focus?

The SVT clutch is different than the standard focus. Sizing might be similar, but details such as spring stregth and so on are different. If your friend had a machinist lighten his dmfw, I'd bet that would be the issue, but like everyone said we need more info.

I have no problems whatsover shifting. The throws "seem" shorter, but that could be just from driving my probe while I was waiting for my SVT to get out of the shop.

·
Registered
9 Posts
i have a lw flywheele from focus parts and a stage one clutch in my svt. i really dont know a lot about it i just got it done. ANd they didnt just lighting my dualmass they build me a new flywheel that is not a dualmass.

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
andrew you suck at the jet
what about syncros. This could probably be addressed in Tech Forum.

·
Registered
12,749 Posts
Please tell me you're not the one who paid 1100.00 for those two things! What made you think to change clutches without any major power add ons?

Oh and can you say what the weight of the Focus Parts flywheel is?

[ 10-29-2002, 03:22 PM: Message edited by: belacyrf ]

·
Registered
9 Posts
i dont remember what the weight was and no i didnt pay 1100 for it. the only other thing i have done is nology wires, pullys, offroad pipe, aem cold air, motor mounts, coustom race exhuast. IT dynoed at 158.8 hp at the wheels and 148 ft pounds of torque

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
we dynoed a stock SVT at those same/near power levels.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts