1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sup Randy-

Kyle here.
I got my car back outta impound
but I wont be driving it at least until August (when I get my license back).
Im putting a down payment on an svt turbo kit August 1st. The turbo kit will be an intercooled turbo from CavalierExtreame.com and I guess they have specs for intercooler pipes for an svt focus (Frank McKeever of cavalierextreame said the pipe dia ranges from 2.5"-2.75), hence why Im doing it. The turbo size he said was a 42 Trim with 48 a/r.

The kit comes without tuning, what size injectors should I search for? Do you have maf setups I could use on this turbo, or should I look for an maf to match the injectors. For computer tuning, hopefully you can tune me car with the xcal I purchased.

The turbo kit also doesnt have a down pipe, but he said I could buy a flange from him for a downpipe which i will do.
You guys could build/send it out for a downpipe ya?

Just questions Im shooting around. I hope to have the turbo kit, fuel injectors, maf - by the end of August.

Let me know anything else you think I should get/be prepared for.

Thanks Randy, I think the turbo will be very responsive on my svtf because of my custom cams.

-Kyle
[email protected]
Orange County, Ca

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sounds good, if you don't still have my cell its my only and primary number.

and you can always e-mail with important info you think I should know so I can make some choices.

thanks

·
Registered
12,749 Posts
Kyle... those cams aren't good for turbo.
The downpipe is not going to be cheap. I would do a little more homework if you can. Nobody is sure that Cav Extreme has done enough homework to build a kit that fits correctly.

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
I might drive over to cav extreme's place to see the kit sence its only like 30 mins away.

·
Registered
4,271 Posts
If I were you I'd buy Toms SVT turbo kit, since it has been tried and tested and the fact that its the only true complete kit out, or go for the custom built setup like me and Bela

EDIT: No Offence intended towards FocusSport

·
Registered
12,749 Posts
Why would you ever suggest to go the route we have gone ?????

·
Registered
4,271 Posts
To teach patience, grasshopper

Just pointing out another option

I wouldn't do it if I were him, I'd buy a complete kit.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Bela I've been trying to meet with you locally to get information and tips about turboing svt focus, but you haven't gotten back to me. I really enjoy my cams right now, they are putting out decent mid and top range and a small turbo, like the one I described, would be well suited.

Just my cents rolled into dollars. People smoke dollars.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts