Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well I just saw the results on the Kamikaze vs. the Focus Central header. But what of the SVT header Vs. the FC header on the Zetec engine?
I'll be in the market come the end of Jan(would be sooner but christmas is in the way), so I just wanted some info ahead of time.

·
I change diapers now
14,444 Posts
The FC makes more power all around.

The SVT is cheaper and requires modification to make it fit and work.

The FC makes more power than the SVT on a normal Zetec because the SVT header is built around the SVT motor and is tuned with that in mind - They tune it to the cars particular needs, but I am sure that more power can be found with an aftermarket header on an SVT Zetec.

- Drew

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
u didn't see results of the kami and FC header...the numbers r from the same cam gear setting. the kami could have had some more power in there..

·
Registered
242 Posts
It all depends on if you have the cat in with the SVT header too. Also, what mods are required to make the SVT header fit? I think I just made a bad purchase...

·
Registered
375 Posts
I had installed the Edelbrock Header over the weekend. Was a hard fit as it sits taller (better bends for flow) as the other aftermarkets. Also had to reroute some coolant and power steering lines. However all brackets, heat shielding was provided. End result is very pleasing, great pulse coming from the exhaust tip at idle. Mated it with a Bosal flex and MagnaFlow Catback. Love it, also bored out the TB at the same time. Butt dyno is pleased with no hesitation at all in the punch.
http://www.focaljet.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=2;t=008578;p=1

[ 12-02-2002, 08:41 AM: Message edited by: 1BadEgg ]

·
Registered
826 Posts
What you saw is true, the kamikaze is way to big for starter's, plus a bunch of design problems.Our header beat it everywhere. You get what you pay for. Dennis

1 - 6 of 6 Posts