Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I must say, despite my concerns and warnings regarding the factory warranty after a JRSC install, I found a little light in the cracks.

I called the half dozen larger SVT dealers in a 60 mile radius from me. I finally came on one that openly states that if they do the Jackson install, they will not dick around with me on the factory warranty. They say they are a big SVT group supporter and sponsor and that Ford knows they get involved with enthusiast mods. Anyway, they said they would not automatically look to the SC as a source of any future problems I might have that would normally be covered under warranty.

They also said that they would take a stricter and less liberal position if someone else did the JRSC install. As long as they install it, I would be reasonably safe for normal warranty claims. Even those related to the drive train.

I should note that of those dealers I contacted, this one was the only one with any experience with the SVT Focus and the JRSC and the only one willing to do the install and still respect the factory warranty.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Re: SVT warranty with JRSC: Found a supportive dea

Well, at least if they do the JRSC install, there will more than likely be a warranty with it. Less fingerpointing.

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
Re: SVT warranty with JRSC: Found a supportive dea

That is very good to hear. I bet the install will be very expensive. But, take your mileage into consideration also. What are you at? Well, that is sort of uplifting to hear, kind of far away from me.
Let us know what they are going to charge you for the install. I am curious on that one. Probably outrages, if not I would jump all over it! Good luck...nice work.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Hey, Pcovers, I do the installs at Sheehy Ford for most of the performance work. I also have the JRSC on my SVTF. So even though most websites are filled with pesimistic views of dealership service(and many for good reason) we won't give the old "you voided warranty" speech. And you dont need it in writing, we are very supportive of our customers modifying their cars provided it is done intelligently. If you have any other questions, just send me a PM.

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
Hey, Pcovers, I do the installs at Sheehy Ford for most of the performance work. I also have the JRSC on my SVTF. So even though most websites are filled with pesimistic views of dealership service(and many for good reason) we won't give the old "you voided warranty" speech. And you dont need it in writing, we are very supportive of our customers modifying their cars provided it is done intelligently. If you have any other questions, just send me a PM.
Any chance you guys have dealerships in the Dallas Fort Worth area? I have been giggled at a few times for bringing up mods around service writers as if they were telling me to dream on. So know any one around here?

·
Registered
96 Posts
Yea, this is Courtney. I am one of 4 Ford SVT certified techs at the dealer and I do most of the SVT and performance work. We sell and install lots of aftermarket equipment at our shop, and have never had an issue with voiding a warranty over any of it. Most of the warranty decisions are left up to the tech to decide at our dealership, and I dont see any reason to go out of my way to piss people off by canceling warranty coverage. Like I said before, as long as a modification is done correctly, it very rarely causes damage to the car, therefore warranty is not an issue.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts