Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i have a zx3 and was wondering if i could just transplant a SVT engine in to it? One thing i don't know is if it will fit with the 5-speed tranny? also are the motor mounts the same? Plz give input?
FOCSPWR

·
Registered
412 Posts
No the zx3 tranny is not the same as a SVT tranny. and you would have to swap the computer as well.

mike

·
Registered
826 Posts
Sorry Nader, I cant allow for sale stuff in the Zetec forum....

(mod edit)

[ 02-19-2003, 11:53 AM: Message edited by: Chris F ]

·
Registered
23 Posts
i would not even mess with an engine swap. ur 5 speed will not work and it will cost a nice penny to get it all done. with the money it will cost u to do this swap u can make ur zetec much faster than the svt with some simple boltons. get ur exhaust done, intake, tb,udp,cam gears, cams and a superchip. u can do a lot more w/ ur zetec enigine. how much did u plan on spending? invest in ur zetec and u will be very happy

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
Originally posted by Shaun:
i would not even mess with an engine swap. ur 5 speed will not work and it will cost a nice penny to get it all done. with the money it will cost u to do this swap u can make ur zetec much faster than the svt with some simple boltons. get ur exhaust done, intake, tb,udp,cam gears, cams and a superchip. u can do a lot more w/ ur zetec enigine. how much did u plan on spending? invest in ur zetec and u will be very happy
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">He's sooo right! Dont even bother, way too much money! If you didnt get the SVT to start with, then dont bother with it's engine.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Originally posted by Shaun:
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">the 5 speed wont work? thats news to me, somebody should tell my car that, the last time I checked, mine worked just fine...and I have done the swap, thank you very much. but yes, you will need the computer. In fact, I think the 5 spd trans pulls way better then the 6 spd in the 1/4, but we will have to wait until the summer to get the 1/4 mile numbers from my car.

·
Registered
7,351 Posts
Wow... This is cool news

·
Registered
329 Posts
geez, I thought more people knew this, spread the word, hahaha guess I better put it in a signature

1 - 12 of 12 Posts