Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The stock SVTF bumper already looks really good IMO, but someone rear-ended my car recently, so I decided a different look would be in order since I had to order a new rear bumper cover anyway. Went for the R/S euro kit from BAT Inc., and I like how it turned out. Pics:

Night shots with rear fog and reverse lamp:

The body shop didn't feel like hacking the US rebar to make everything fit, so I decided to have the cover installed without the rebar.
The kit came with the euro crash pad, which I know still isn't enough, so I may install a euro rebar in the future. For now, though, I'm happy how everything came out. Comments are welcome.

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
Nice!!! I thought that the euro rear had reverse lights on both sides.
the euro rears have reverse lights on one side, or the ohter, not both. It also depends on if the country its from is LHD or RHD.

I like it, but what is up with that circle in the mesh? why did u put that in there?

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nice!!! I thought that the euro rear had reverse lights on both sides.
the euro rears have reverse lights on one side, or the ohter, not both. It also depends on if the country its from is LHD or RHD.
Euro cars normally have one reverse light on one side of the bumper with nothing in the taillights. I simply left the reverse lights in the taillights, so now there are 3 reverse lights LOL

I like it, but what is up with that circle in the mesh? why did u put that in there?
It came like that. That is a spot for a tow hook, which was not included when I ordered the bumper. I'm currently contemplating if I should add one.

·
Registered
61 Posts
nice, i like it!

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Need some sort of exhaust now or something, because the stock SVT tip is poking out

But I do like the bumper

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
looks sweet, I like it.........how much did they charge for the install?
Since everything was covered by the insurance agency of the person who smacked me, I'm not sure what the cost of the install was. I did cover the additional cost of the aftermarket bumper over the stock one (a few franklins)

Need some sort of exhaust now or something, because the stock SVT tip is poking out
I considered having the tip chopped down so that it sits flush with the bumper, but the more I look at it, the less it bothers me. I may still do it in the near future.

·
Registered
22 Posts
u need to drop that beast

·
Registered
326 Posts
clean rear....I like it

·
I have wonderous butt cheeks
8,054 Posts
Don't add a towhook. It'll look like crap and every time you go over a bump it'll chip the crap out of your paint back there. Most of the tow companies probably wouldn't know what it was there for anyway.
And did you hook up the rear fog to the parking lights? Or is that with the brakes on?

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Don't add a towhook. It'll look like crap and every time you go over a bump it'll chip the crap out of your paint back there. Most of the tow companies probably wouldn't know what it was there for anyway.
And did you hook up the rear fog to the parking lights? Or is that with the brakes on?
That makes sense. I'll hold off on the tow hook.

In that pic it's with the foglights on. I tapped the rear fog from the front fogs since I did not invest in the euro switch. Kinda sucked having to run a wire from the front bumper all the way to the back

·
I have wonderous butt cheeks
8,054 Posts
I know what you mean about running the wire back. Had to do it for my Euro Tails. Cool that you actually hooked it up with the fogs though.

·
RECORD PROFITS
5,297 Posts
I love the car next to yours in the garage.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I love the car next to yours in the garage.
Don't remind me
....look at my sig, and see the end result of flipping the car over 3-4 times:

BTW, NONE of the vehicles that have ended up in the graveyard were any fault of mine....wrong place at the wrong time. I miss my GTi 337 almost as much as my first love. Good thing I placed multiple deposits for one when I heard of its release (limited to 1000) to ensure delivery of one, and when a second dealer called me and told me they got one also, I picked up the second one so that my sister would have one too
So in the end it wasn't much of a loss.

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
LOOKS OUTSTANDING! I think I'm gonna have to steal your bumper now.......
j/k

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I really like the RS rear bumper, did the mesh come in silver only or does it also come in black?
It came unpainted, which is how it is on my car right now. I don't see a problem getting the mesh painted a different color.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts