Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
I just finished off the stock ContiSportContacts, which I felt were a very good tire in terms of ride quality and performance on dry pavement. They lasted about 20000 miles before they very suddenly started to wear oddly and work their way out of balance. They're being replaced with Kuhmo ECSTA MX tires, ordered from Tire Rack, later this week.

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
I love my Bridgestone Potenza RE750's, they grip great and their tread wear is pretty decent too.

·
Registered
10,601 Posts
I think the Conti's are a all around good tire. However they suck in the snow and seem to wear a little more then I would like. Oh well I guess they don't last forever

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
Why anyone would drive on the Contis in snow is beyond me. I've got an extra set of wheels with 215/45/17 Bridgestone Blizzak WS-50 tires that're on the car from mid-November through April.

·
Registered
3,081 Posts
The Contis hold up better than some people will tell you,

However I switched to Yoko AVS ES100's and for the MUCH cheaper price, they performed just as well...

·
Registered
19,113 Posts
I have Pirrelli P-Zero Nero M+S's on mine and I love them.

They are smooth, quiet, handle very, very well and don't hydroplane at the first sign of a raincloud.

There are more aggressive handling tires out there but for daily use I really don't see how these can be beat.

I run Dunlop Graspics in the winter but I did see a little snow with the Pirrellis and they were good in light snow.

·
Registered
133 Posts
I second the Pirelli Pzero Nero M+S! Great all around tire and 400 treadwear aint to bad either!
Just for the record, I'm running 215/40/18s

·
Registered
10,601 Posts
Why anyone would drive on the Contis in snow is beyond me. I've got an extra set of wheels with 215/45/17 Bridgestone Blizzak WS-50 tires that're on the car from mid-November through April.
Well here in the Seattle area it doesn't snow all that much so it is not worth it to buy snow tires.

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
I have Pirrelli P-Zero Nero M+S's ... and don't hydroplane at the first sign of a raincloud.
I just handled some pretty heavy down-pour last week while on the highway. The PPZNM+S cut through VERY nicely. They really maintain road feel in the wet. I was VERY happy with their rain performance.

And they seem to be as good or better than the Contis when it's dry, though I haven't really put them "to the test" much.

·
Banned
471 Posts
Contis handle fine in the snow when you don't live in the artic north. ;-)

Although I'll be switching to all seasons before first snow fall.

·
Registered
12,245 Posts
Contis handle snow just fine?

It specifically says 2 or 3 times in the car and the manual that the contis are not to be driven in snow b/c they are Summer ONLY tire.

why risk your car and your life on tires not made for snow travel?

·
Registered
10,601 Posts
Contis handle snow just fine?

It specifically says 2 or 3 times in the car and the manual that the contis are not to be driven in snow b/c they are Summer ONLY tire.

why risk your car and your life on tires not made for snow travel?
That is true it does say that. However I know here in the Seattle area it doesn't snow that much. So there is a chance you could be caught in a snow storm and that is what happend to me. I do agree with you that you shouldn't drive them in the snow if you have a choice!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts