Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just heard from a tech at my local ford dealer that in 2004 the SVTF will come in a turbo edition to keep up with the srt-4 estimated power is around 210.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
haven't heard about price yet, but if ford is smart they'll drop the price on the NA SVTF and keep the SVTF turbo around 20k. otherwise the idea will be a flop for sales.

·
Registered
8,272 Posts
i also heard that its gonna come with 8 wheel drive for superior traction under hard launch conditions

edit: all i know is that SVT hasn't even APPROVED the go ahead of even thinking of doing a turbo svt...

which means....we will get a turbo svt in the year 2047 when the turbo srt4 will be 700whp

[ 03-19-2003, 04:18 PM: Message edited by: nazthug ]

·
Registered
227 Posts
Originally posted by nazthug:
i also heard that its gonna come with 8 wheel drive for superior traction under hard launch conditions

edit: all i know is that SVT hasn't even APPROVED the go ahead of even thinking of doing a turbo svt...

which means....we will get a turbo svt in the year 2047 when the turbo srt4 will be 700whp
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">700 wheel hp? No way. By the time the SVT gets a turbo the SRT-4 won't even have wheels.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Why does Ford HAVE to "keep up"? The SVT is a fine handler, and it makes similar numbers to most of its competition power wise. The WRX, EVO, and SRT-4 are fine cars (i use the term fine loosely), and they are real fast, so buy one of them. Ford is barely managing to stay in business, the last thing they are going to do now is sink tons of money into R&D for a car that may or may not sell well. And even if it does, doesn't have a big enough profit margin to make a difference. Ford needs to work on building a NICE car first. One where the doors line up, the knobs dont fall off, and doesn't require 40 trips to the shop. When they do that, they will gain back the public's trust, and they be able to delve into ventures like a turbo SVT.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Well, if Nazthug hasn't heard anything......
(note sarcastic tone)

·
Registered
52 Posts
Naz, just giving you a hard time.

Rumors aren't worth the bandwidth.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts