Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the other day it flooded really bad in my neighborhood, and i ended up stranded on a street that i had to go through and flooded my motor with water. basically the motor is FUBAR and im getting a 2000 zetec motor and im putting in place of the 2001 motor.

is this a direct swap? is anything additional needed? and do i have to swap computers or will the 2001 computer work with the 2000 motor? please help quick, im doing this swap soon because i have to get my car back on the road.

·
Registered
2,838 Posts
Are you swapping out everything or just the motor? I think this would be a pretty straight forward process since its a Z for a Z, but not quick. Are you going to take it out in pieces or pull the whole thing at once? I believe you'll be ok on the ECU, but along the way you might notice some small differnces between years. For example, I know the 2000 intake manifold has 1 more vaccum line that the 2001 manifold. But since you're not just swapping just one piece out, I think you'll be fine.

·
Registered
19,264 Posts
I'm assuming you're just swapping the engine blocks right? I don't know of any differences there.

out of curiousity.... did you hydro lock from your intake?

·
Registered
7,351 Posts
Something to think about:

Wasnt it against the law to put an older engine into a newer car? Something to do with emmissions?

If emmissions isnt a factor dont worry about it... of course it's still a zetec, and they would have to read serial #'s to figure it out.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
one last important question, my old motor was a manual, will this motor, even though it worked with an automatic tranny, still work with a manual tranny?

·
Registered
659 Posts
my old motor was a manual, will this motor, even though it worked with an automatic tranny, still work with a manual tranny?
I hope your having this done or you got some help because it doesn't sound like you know to much about engines. It will swap just fine. by the way if you want to sell that engine email me I might be interested.

Cory

1 - 10 of 10 Posts