Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm sure that this has probably been asked before, but I was unable to find anything by searching the archives. Are all sway bars interchangable? By this, I mean will the front sway bar of an '02 ZX3 fit an '05 ZX3?? I would like to change out the front sway bar and add a rear to my '05. I have read the thread where one FJ member fabbed up some bracket to mount rear sways on a ZX3. Any other info would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
The front swaybars are interchangeable...it's just a pain in the ass to do it

I don't know what size you have right now on your '05, but the previous years had 21mm (SPI had 18mm).

As far as the rear bar on your '05....you either have to custom fab some brackets
-OR-
Find/buy a whole rear crossmember that has the bolt holes for it and swap it out

·
Registered
233 Posts
I added a rear bar to my 05SE after making some mounts for it. I got the idea from another Focus owner on this forum. I just modified his idea a little. All bolt on and no welding or changing crossmembers. Forget the front bar unless you are a serious competitor. A pain to change. If you look in the search section of this forum you will find the installation and parts. The title is Mounting method for rear swaybar,the poster is Overfocused the date Feb 05. Any questions PM me.

·
Registered
2,572 Posts
Guys, the front swaybar is no big deal. Everyone talks like it's a huge undertaking. I swapped mine out on my lunch break which is an hour long and still had time to eat my pizza and test drive it afterwards.

Scott

1 - 5 of 5 Posts